HD Modulator cable question

caledonia

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just bought a HD Modulator single DVB-T (Edision) as I'm fed up with analogue running on my second HD TV through a coaxial cable from RF out in sky box attached to a magic eye in other TV
Both TVs are HD (not 4k)

The coaxial cable i am running already is RG6/U so should be fine but looks like i will need a metre length to go from RF out to modulator in then run the RG6 from modulator out to second tv with magic eye

Running sky HD

do i need an HD tuner as well as it wont work on second tv but works on others
See below posts for specs of tv

Last edited:
just have to try it as i would think the small length from RF2 to the modulator would just be for the magic eye and not passing any data

Ok having problems everything works fine on sony bravia tv but the tv i want it to work on is a no go ( but at least i have ruled the set up and modulator work)

Is Hd tuner and DVT tuner the same
The tv i am trying it on id foreon and hurst spelling (ebuyer full hd tv) its up on wall so cant get model number
When i do a full scan it scans anoulgue then digital then radio

someone said i need an HD tuner can anyone tell me which one to go for.

Just bought a HD Modulator single DVB-T (Edision) as I'm fed up with analogue running on my second HD TV through a coaxial cable from RF out attached to a magic eye in other TV
Both TVs are HD (not 4k)

The coaxial cable i am running already is RG6/U so should be fine but looks like i will need a metre length to go from RF out to modulator in then run the RG6 from modulator out to second tv with magic eye

no length to cut a part off and running sky HD not sky q in case someone asks

will 3c-2v 75ohm coaxial wire do for this small part or am i better with another length of RG6/u
just have to try it as i would think the small length from RF2 to the modulator would just be for the magic eye and not passing any data

A magic eye cannot possibly work without a Sky-HD box at the transmiitting end. without some way of extracting the VHF carrier that the magic eye users to provides the remote control signals. So yes it is carrying data,

A TV splitter might be able to provide the return path but it will take some experimentation to find out if it works.

The digital modulator creates a HD mux using a single UHF carrier with on channel in the Mux created from the box HDMI output. Most any HD TV will have a DVB-T HD tuner and all Freeview-HD ones will be able to tune to this to watch the content. You will need to remove the magic eye and use an alternative way to control the remote box. un;less you can extract the VHF carrier using a splltter. or even better a UHF/VHF diplexer.

The digital modulator will not provide the 9V power for the magic eye. So you would need two such dipllexers with power pass the right way to do this.

Last edited:
One question you need to answer. Do you have a normal aerial yo connect to the sky box rf-in socket that is used to allow freeview viewing on the remote TV with the magic eye. If so you need to post which terrestial transmitter you use. This is required to suggest what UHF channel you use for the UHF channel us you use for the frequency used to carry the DVB-T HD mux created by the modulator.

Yes rf2 out on sky box to remote tv with magic eye but as you know its only annaloughe and not digital

hd modulater works with magic eye

I also have digital aerial into sky box that lets someone watch freeview if someone is watching sky on other tv or vice versa

Last edited:
This is the TV i am trying to send it too

955846CA-E6A1-44D3-8A8A-5CDF690476E2.jpeg

Can anyone help really struggling here
Been told i need an HD tuner any ideas on a basic one that will do the job.

please read the whole thread for what i am doing.

Can anyone help really struggling here
Been told i need an HD tuner any ideas on a basic one that will do the job.

please read the whole thread for what i am doing.

Any Freeview-HD box will do the job.. You will have to manually tune the single mux the modulator creates.

Amazon product ASIN B08HVMNDJ4

Will a Manhattan T1 box work
And have the correct connections i need or if not can you link to one under £50

Should do. All you need is a coax cable from the modulator rf out to the Manhattan aerial in and a hdmi cable from the Manhattan out to the local TV.

Should do. All you need is a coax cable from the modulator rf out to the Manhattan aerial in and a hdmi cable from the Manhattan out to the local TV.
And do i put the magic eye on the coax cable just before it enters the aerial in of the Manhattan

go to you tube, free tv, tradedave.there is a video explaining how to get your majic eye working through your edison hd modulator.

Modulator works great video and audio but cant get magic eye to work tried two magic eyes

Works fine on coax out till modulator in but modulator out to other room no go (works fine if i bypass modulator)

So rf2 out working
coax to other tv fine
Magic eyes fine
Manhattan freeview hd fine picture and sound only magic eye going through modulator

hi,im buying an Edison HD modulator quad lite which accepts 4 HD inputs but what is confusing is that it says it has 2 rf outputs,i have to send to 11 tv's and have the choice of the 4 decoders on any one of the tv's independantly.Does anybody know if im misreading that it only sends 2 freq at one time instead of 4?
If anybody has any experience of this model, PLEASE ADVISE!!

Modulator works great video and audio but cant get magic eye to work tried two magic eyes

Works fine on coax out till modulator in but modulator out to other room no go (works fine if i bypass modulator)

So rf2 out working
coax to other tv fine
Magic eyes fine
Manhattan freeview hd fine picture and sound only magic eye going through modulator
here is the link for running your majic eye through edison modulator

here is the link for running your majic eye through edison modulator

Yes that has been my setup already but finally got it working through a different sky box but not sure why

same settings as other box and remember magic eyes were already working without modulator
All connections were checked and swapped boxes a good few times and only worked on one with modulator despite both sending out signal.
Could one be supplying slightly different voltage than the 9 volts it should.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom