1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD LCD and SKY+ - advice re best connection wanted

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Scapegoat, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Have recently ordered a new HD ready LCD TV (Sony V40). At present my SKY box is connected to a 100hz CRT via RGB input and a standard scart cable (no fancy monster etc cables at present).

Have read a few comments about different ways to connect Sky - e.g. SCART (as I do now), via component, via S-Video etc. Also read comments about progressive inputs making a big improvement to HD displays.

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to AV connections and the technical detail around differnt display formats.

What different type of connections to people use and what do they think of the quality? What equipment / cables etc are needed to make the connection?

Further information that may help peoples comments:
    At present I have a Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder (panasonic DMR-HS2) connected to system as well. Though I am willing to upgrade this in the future to HD quality.

As part of the new AV upgrade I am also looking to buy a 5.1 surround system. Budget for this is not set. Would happily go for an All-in-one system, but the fact that the DVD will not be HD or have a HDD/DVD record function means that I'll end up with two boxes doing the same thing.

NB - Also posted on the Sky forum. Was not sure of the best place for this post.