Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HD Kit/Softmod Query

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Croker, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Croker

Croker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Howdy.

I want to softmod my Xbox. Now, I'm planning to order the official HD/AV cables for the Xbox from DVDBoxOffice, but I've got a few queries.

1. I don't have the old Splinter Cell - frustratingly, I have the "Classic" edition. Can anyone lend me this? Also, I haven't got a copy of Action Replay...can anyone do the honours and lend me that, too? I know I'm being a bit cheeky, but if you don't ask, you don't get :D

2. I've got a new Xbox - well, one from 2005, I think. I've heard rumours that soft-modding the newer boxes won't work. I'm willing to take this on the chin if it happens, but will I still be able to get at least some image improvement by using the official HD/AV cables to connect my box to my LCD TV? Or will the cables be entirely useless without a softmodded Xbox?

Cheers for any assistance you can provide.

Ta!

Croker

2. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Do you know which version doesn't work? I have Splinter Cell, not the classics version, but it has "Download new content on Live" on the disc and on the front of the case.

3. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    If you browse around a bit you will find a thread called Forum SoftMod Kit - where you may find someone kind enough to lend you everything you need for the price of a stamp or two....

4. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    AFAIK there is no problem softmodding with even the very latest V1.6 boxes at least I have done just this on two that I bought within the last month with manufacture date of April or May I think.