HD iPlayer on PS3

MahaRaja

Hi Folks,

I tried to find out why HD content of iPlayer not on PS3, but to no avail. I can't see the HD chanel even mentioned on the PS3 version of iPlayer.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.:)

MahaRaja

Thanks for your comment. So now I know it's not only me.

Don't understand after all these years, ps3 is unable, for whatever reason, to display the HD content!:mad:

sjw

Never been available. Only on PC. Not sure why.
Not quite true. On my Samsung TV with built in iPlayer you can watch BBC HD broadcasts. Even if you select one from the normal iPlayer, if there is a version available in HD it tells you and lets you select that version instead.:thumbsup:
Really poor that the longer running PS3 version is far inferior. :thumbsdow
And controlling iPlayer on the PS3 is pretty much unusable with the official remote control. Ridiculous that you can't even play/pause using the appropriate buttons.. :thumbsdow

kgollop

Not quite true. On my Samsung TV with built in iPlayer you can watch BBC HD broadcasts. Even if you select one from the normal iPlayer, if there is a version available in HD it tells you and lets you select that version instead.:thumbsup:
Really poor that the longer running PS3 version is far inferior. :thumbsdow
And controlling iPlayer on the PS3 is pretty much unusable with the official remote control. Ridiculous that you can't even play/pause using the appropriate buttons.. :thumbsdow
I've always thought that. ITV Player is even worse, you can't even go fullscreen without using the controller as far as I cas see...

beachland

Banned
I'm pretty sure a few months ago i was watching HD iplayer programmes on my PS3. But now i can't find any at all. I was so convinced have just wrote to the BBC to ask why it is not there, i will see what they say. If i'm wrong and it never was on PS3 then at least they might tell me when it's due.

sjw

I'm pretty sure a few months ago i was watching HD iplayer programmes on my PS3. But now i can't find any at all. I was so convinced have just wrote to the BBC to ask why it is not there, i will see what they say. If i'm wrong and it never was on PS3 then at least they might tell me when it's due.
I don't think it's ever been there. On some programmes, when you see the small thumbnail, it has BBC HD in the corner, but the actual program is the normal one. There is a big difference in quality - and I've never had a stutter on the HD version for my TV..

Trending threads

Top Bottom