• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD Install question

charlie222

Established Member
Having HD installed tomorrow ,the engineer said i have a samsung is that one of the good as i,ve heard some are better than others.
Should i keep or ask for another model? Its been hooked up to a:thumbsup: 42G10B
Also i want to move my set up in a month will he leave me some longer cables or shall i take my sky+ box out and tell him i got rid :smashin:

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
That seems to be the best of the bunch at the mo.

It would only be an Amstrad if you did not get the samsung.
Both good but most Amstrads have a contrast issue.

Just ask the engineer to leave extra cable and he will.

charlie222

Established Member
That seems to be the best of the bunch at the mo.

It would only be an Amstrad if you did not get the samsung.
Both good but most Amstrads have a contrast issue.

Just ask the engineer to leave extra cable and he will.

Thats good news then. Will it have the new EPG update and will i be able to receive ITVhd i,ve heard you have to manually tune :thumbsup:

Ivor_Biggern

Established Member
Samsung and Pace are probably the best regarded boxes from what ive read and their isn`t a lot between them, don`t get an Amstrad because the contrast can`t be changed on the HD box as its got a bug that doesn`t allow you to change the picture, you won`t get a Thomson which is a blessing in disguise as apparently they stopped making HD boxes a while back :D ..... Mines a Samsung, it was swapped this weekend as i previously had an Amstrad that had the stuck contrast and the Panasonic HDMI compatible issue where it cuts out to a black screen.

The Thomson fan club will probably be along in a bit to defend their boxes unless he`s out tonight, yes they do aapparently have a fan :D

Enjoy your HD, live sport is stunning.

Last edited:

Bradley Davies

Standard Member
I have 2 Samsung boxes here and 1 seems to lockup while on stand by for too long and needs to be unplugged to reboot.

the other is perfect and even it being 1080i, I think the image is stunning!

John

Could you remove the image in your sig please Bradley. It will not work on AVForums . Thanks and welcome

charlie222

Established Member
Samsung and Pace are probably the best regarded boxes from what ive read and their isn`t a lot between them, don`t get an Amstrad because the contrast can`t be changed on the HD box as its got a bug that doesn`t allow you to change the picture, you won`t get a Thomson which is a blessing in disguise as apparently they stopped making HD boxes a while back :D ..... Mines a Samsung, it was swapped this weekend as i previously had an Amstrad that had the stuck contrast and the Panasonic HDMI compatible issue where it cuts out to a black screen.

The Thomson fan club will probably be along in a bit to defend their boxes unless he`s out tonight, yes they do aapparently have a fan :D

Enjoy your HD, live sport is stunning.

I,ve already sampled the man u game in the week through the freesat and that looked glorious will the sky feed be as good or even better :thumbsup:
Thanks for the honest opinions guys

John

I,ve already sampled the man u game in the week through the freesat and that looked glorious will the sky feed be as good or even better :thumbsup:
Thanks for the honest opinions guys

Its the same signal , should be the same quality

spile

Established Member
Having HD installed tomorrow ,the engineer said i have a samsung is that one of the good as i,ve heard some are better than others.

Based on personal experience (Thompson, Samsung and Amstrad) and reading these forums I am of the opinion that there is no evidence that a particular make is better or worse than another.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom