Hd install and best offer dilema

pwood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My current non SKY+ install is neat with the cable running from the dish straight into my loft and then to a cable conduit. Will the engineer upgrading to the SKYHD cabling go into my loft or will I have to give up on getting the Currys special offer and use my local pro installer? Just using exiting run and pulling cable through would be easier for the installer mind!

Seem to remenber reading ages ago the standard installers will not go into the loft for insurance reasons.

Basically the dropping of the Sky+ charge has made my mind up to get HD but with so many getting good deals I'm not sure the best way to go about it to get a good deal

its a 30 sec box swap if your pic is ok with sky+ then leave all cable and dish lnb and stuff alone just swap your box and pair the cards

hope this helps :smashin:

Just to clarify I currently only have standard SKY ie single cable, so it will need replacing.

You've said in 2 posts you have 2 different set ups, Std Sky & Sky +

If it's Sky + you have, it's a straight swap, as you already have 2 feeds coming in.

If you have std Sky, you need another run in.

I don't see them going up into your loft etc..

Just to clarify I currently only have standard SKY ie single cable, so it will need replacing.

you may need to bung your installer a good drink ie £20 then some will go that extra mile others would rather get to the pub that bit quicker !!!!;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom