...hd graphics card ! Asap

AudioNI

Established Member
Reaction score
alrite guys im buying a graphics card today and am just looking a recommendation for the best one too get

the main use of this card will be for playing movies not much gaming going on

i am hooking it up to my new lcd so it has to be hdmi compatible
also i want a ddr3 card aswel

dont really want too be goin over £50

the best opne ive seen for the price has been this one

Play.com (UK) : Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 / 512MB / DDR3 / PCI-E / Graphics Card : Computing - Free Delivery

What do you guys think ? please reply asap as i am buying today.. thanks

alrite guys im buying a graphics card today and am just looking a recommendation for the best one too get

the main use of this card will be for playing movies not much gaming going on

i am hooking it up to my new lcd so it has to be hdmi compatible
also i want a ddr3 card aswel

dont really want too be goin over £50

the best opne ive seen for the price has been this one

Play.com (UK) : Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 / 512MB / DDR3 / PCI-E / Graphics Card : Computing - Free Delivery

What do you guys think ? please reply asap as i am buying today.. thanks
Unless you're video editing or gaming, you won't notice the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 to be honest, so you'd be better off saving money and going for a cheaper DDR2 HD 4550 if you won't be doing either. The HD 4*** series all cope with HD playback brilliantly without breaking a sweat.

If you will be doing a little gaming or editing, then you're better off paying an extra couple of quid for the HD 4650, which will fair much, much better at both - even the DDR2 RAM versions.

Cheap Laptops, Hard Drives, LCD Monitors, TVs and more at Ebuyer

yea but does ddr3 not use its own memory

and are not alot easier too install.. i dont know a great lot about graphics cards

yea but does ddr3 not use its own memory

and are not alot easier too install.

DDR3 is just faster version of memory than DDR2, but it's on the graphics card either way here - i.e. it's separate from your system memory (it's often referred to as GDDR3 and GDDR2 instead, so as not to be confused with system RAM !!!).

The ones that share system memory are either integrated graphics (i.e. built into your motherboard), or if a card says it uses "Hypermemory" or "Turbocache" or something similar.

Just to confuse you, there are variations mind - for example in that list of HD 4650's i linked to above, there's a Sapphire one which says "512MB with 1GB HyperMemory, GDDR3". I understand that to mean it has 512MB of its own DDR3 memory, but can borrow up to 1GB of your system RAM over and above that if it needs to for more demanding applications.

As far as installation goes, there is no difference. It only affects the overall performance of the card. :)

i dont know a great lot about graphics cards
That's okay. It makes people like me feel useful... ;)

Last edited:

It's not as good as any of the cards mentioned so far, but will still do the job (poor for games though).

I'd recommend the newer equivalent card to that one instead, which is the HD 4350, which will have more features. Play.com don't seem to have any cheap ones though. Ebuyer do: Force3D HD 4350 512MB DDR2 VGA DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

These are both cards designed for HD playback and maybe some basic or older gaming though, so don't expect to be running any current 3D games at a playable level. If that's not an issue for you, then go for it.

It's not as good as any of the cards mentioned so far, but will still do the job (poor for games though).

I'd recommend the newer equivalent card to that one instead, which is the HD 4350, which will have more features. Play.com don't seem to have any cheap ones though. Ebuyer do: Force3D HD 4350 512MB DDR2 VGA DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

These are both cards designed for HD playback and maybe some basic or older gaming though, so don't expect to be running any current 3D games at a playable level. If that's not an issue for you, then go for it.

thanks mate think im gonna get the
Force3D HD 4350 512MB DDR2 VGA DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

decent price

tell me this thou, are graphics cards easy anoth to install as i havent done this before ??

well i thought it was a good price until the order was complete then it shows up delivery £8.95 and vat £5
thiefing wee [Mod Comment: Word removed, Inappropriate Language/v mild swearing]

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mate think im gonna get the
Force3D HD 4350 512MB DDR2 VGA DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

decent price

tell me this thou, are graphics cards easy anoth to install as i havent done this before ??

well i thought it was a good price until the order was complete then it shows up delivery £8.95 and vat £5
thiefing wee [Mod Comment: Word removed, Inappropriate Language/v mild swearing]
They have several delivery options, ranging from next day to cheap as chips "within 5 days" delivery (I've never had anything taker longer than two full days using this option!). It does confirm all prices before you complete the order though...

I made it £32.20 delivered.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have several delivery options, ranging from next day to cheap as chips "within 5 days" delivery (I've never had anything taker longer than two full days using this option!). It does confirm all prices before you complete the order though...

I made it £32.20 delivered.

i thought i had it on free delivery

well it def wasnt next day because it wont be here until the 16th fs

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom