HD Fury DIVA worth my while?

exponential

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a quick question which I hope will allow me to make the decision to either keep or sell my DIVA.

So I've owned a HD Fury DIVA for a couple of years now and briefly had it in my system a while back but took it out as I found it a little temperamental for my liking.
It would occasionally just freeze which required the mains adapter removing which annoyed the wife no end so it had to go.
I used to have a very very complicated set up which required the use of the DIVA but now, I have simplified things dramatically and only now use the following:

LG 55" OLED (2022)
Freesat PVR
PS4 Pro
Nvidia Shield
Nintendo Switch (Occasional use)
Intel NUC (Rare HDMI use only to see the intel config)

Also, for audio, I use a pair of Genelec 8341AWM active SAM monitors with the Intel NUC being the ROON core (USB audio).
I also use a pair of Arendal Sealed subwoofers so it's a 2.1 system but not for LFE as I don't have a processor so rely on the tv to downmix the audio to LPCM.

I use a simple optical cable from the LG tv to an RME ADI2 PRO FS R be which handles all video audio.

I have a Harmony Hub with remote to deal with all input switching etc etc.

Now I've heard that the processor that handles audio output in the LG tv is god awful and I would benefit greatly from better audio processing to my RME DAC but is that true? Would I even hear a difference by using the processing in the DIVA?

Does the DIVA still, after all these year become unreliable or have they patched all that up yet??

What do you guys think? Keep or sell................

HDFury Diva - we don't get many support calls re them being problematic in systems and the Firmware has been stable for around 24months, ensure it is up-to-date.

Audio via the Diva - remember there is no onboard processing, your Source devices will have to be set to a signal the DA/AD works with.

Audio processing - if any of your Source devices have an Optical Out you can try connecting them direct to the DA/AD and get an idea if it is going to sound any different to passing and processing the audio via the TV.

Joe

HDFury Diva - we don't get many support calls re them being problematic in systems and the Firmware has been stable for around 24months, ensure it is up-to-date.

Audio via the Diva - remember there is no onboard processing, your Source devices will have to be set to a signal the DA/AD works with.

Audio processing - if any of your Source devices have an Optical Out you can try connecting them direct to the DA/AD and get an idea if it is going to sound any different to passing and processing the audio via the TV.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your input.

Having read what you've posted, it looks to me like I can live without it.
Now if you'd said that it will decode multichannel and downmix to 2 channel and pipe it down the optical cable then I would more than likely re-introduce it.

This is all I need to know Joe, introducing it again will only lead to one more item in my set up that can go wrong and I can do without all that faffing around.
Getting too old now to be tinkering around all day long just to get a signal to my tv or fiddling about in a WEBUI to tweak this and tweak that...........

Thanks again, looks like it's going on Ebay.

Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom