HD Fury AVR Key Issue

Andy147

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I purchased this device to be able to obtain both a 4K/HDR signal to my TV and DOLBY ATMOS sound to my AVR. The issue is as follows:

I get sound to the soundbar but video signal from UHDBR is coming through as 1080p only and not 4K . I know it’s not the TV /player or HDMI cable as when connected directly I get a 4k signal. Tried contacting FURY but not resolved as yet.

Equipment/Setup /Connection Route:

Panasonic DMP-UB300 UHDBR> 1m HDMI PRIMEWIRE 2.0 cable>AVRKEY>1m HDMI PRIMEWIRE 2.0 cable>Samsung SEK3500U/XC EVOLUTION KIT

AVRKEY>2m HDMI PRIMEWIRE 2.0 cable> Yamaha YSP5600 soundbar (devices updated to latest firmware except HDFURY) should I need to ?

Any ideas folks??
Cheers Andy

HDFury AVR key - always best to update the firmware before you start configuring the system.

Configuration - download and follow the User Guide to ensure you have it set correctly.

If you purchased from TMF drop us a note and we can usually get you sorted.

Joe

Thanks Joe.

Still having problems downloading firmware.

I cannot get the AVR key to connect with the windows PC. It says ‘AVR key not connected’ even after using the supplied cable. I have installed the drivers as instructed . Tried on WIN10 desktop

Hi. I have successfully connected my system using the AVR-KEY as per the below route outlined.

ROUTE
Panasonic DMP-UB300 UHDBR> 1m HDMI PRIMEWIRE 2.0 cable>AVRKEY>1m HDMI PRIMEWIRE 2.0 cable>Samsung SEK3500U/XC EVOLUTION KIT

AVRKEY>2m HDMI PRIMEWIRE 2.0 cable> Yamaha YSP5600 soundbar

BUT NOW....
I have tried to connect a 2nd source (SKYQ) into the soundbar YSP5600 via a HDMI 3 port SWITCHER connecting both the existing AVR-KEY UHDBR connection into the same HDMI port on the YSP5600 and the SKYQ connection. The YSP5600 only has x1 4K input HDMI. After doing this connection I wasn’t getting an audio sound from the UHDBR only visual signal.

I think the switcher may be the problem ? Can you recommend a suitable brand that can handle DOLBY ATMIS/4K /HDR signal that is compatible with AVR-KEY?

For a dual source setup I would have been supplying/installing the Integral2 or Vertex - saves having to cascade devices.

Have you tried Source > Switch > AVR key > TV+Soundbar?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom