HD Fury Arcana for LG C1 65 + Shield Pro+ Sonos Arc setup lip sync issues?

pressslav

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

The HD Fury Arcana is advertised on their website as being able to fix the lip-sync issues between external HDMI devices and the Sonos Arc, has anyone here tried that for sure and it resolved their issues?

I ordered the Arcana yesterday but I'm not sure if it will be the solution I need. My audio is way in front of the video, especially when passing through Dobly TrueHD..

EDIT1: Also, eARC setting should be ON for both the eARC port to the Sonos and the Shield Pro input port, right ? (for my current setup without the Arcana that is)

Last edited:
Dont own an Arcana or Sonos so cant say for sure.

for LG eARC
eARC = enabled
Digital sound output = pass-through
HDMI input format = bitstream

Is the firmware of the Sonos ARC up to date, it seems they added support for multi-channel uncompressed PCM.

Try PCM 5.1 or 7.1 in Kodi and see if it lags.
  • Go to settings->system->sound
  • Disable audio pass-through
  • Set the number of speakers/channels to 5.1 or 7.1 (this sets the PCM output).

This will make Kodi decode the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD tracks as PCM audio which then hopefully gets passed via eARC to the Sonos and still in sync.

Hey,

Thank you for the advice, I just tried that, firmware is up to date and the Sonos is indeed reading the Multichannel 7.1 PCM input but it's still out of sync..

The thing that really scares me is that the audio sync issue is present even when I disconnect the Sonos and the Shield and just play stuff from YT or Netflix on the TV speakers which means something might be wrong with that TV.

Yeah that doesn't sound good.

• Factory reset the TV
  • HDMI input format = PCM
  • Digital sound output = PCM

Which should make TV convert incoming audio to PCM stereo, check for lag on internal speakers or external speakers, still persists then might be the TV.

The C1 should have match screen and sound setting, never used it myself LG describe how it works here. maybe it can help,

The lipsync feature is a mandatory part of the eARC specification but I guess there is always a risk of manufacturers failing to implement it properly. It seems to work on both my LG C1 and my Samsung HW-Q86R though.

No, eARC can only be enabled on the TV's eARC port as far as I know. I have connected my Shield through my soundbar to get DTS support so I guess I haven't really checked, but it only makes sense for the eARC port. :)

I'd be curious to know if factory resetting the TV helped? :)

Hey,

Thank you for the advice, I just tried that, firmware is up to date and the Sonos is indeed reading the Multichannel 7.1 PCM input but it's still out of sync..

The thing that really scares me is that the audio sync issue is present even when I disconnect the Sonos and the Shield and just play stuff from YT or Netflix on the TV speakers which means something might be wrong with that TV.
Hi there,
I had this problem when I first started using the Arcana. The solution is to go into the Sonos app and push the audio delay to the max (or whatever is appropriate. Make sure to pick the Sonos zone that has the Sonos Arc and you should be all set.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom