HD Fury and no eArc TV/Sonos

Norm123

Novice Member
need to connect my Panasonic TV (TX-58EX700B which doesnt have Atmos or eArc to a Sonos arc. I think I need an HD Fury Arcana or Vertex 2.

Could any one tell me what the difference and do I need both?

The only other things I will have is a Firestick 4K UHD , Sky Q will this need to connect via an HDMI splitter it is this the reason I need to get a Vertex 2 and an Arcana.

Sorry I am very new to this.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
need to connect my Panasonic TV (TX-58EX700B which doesnt have Atmos or eArc to a Sonos arc.

It should just be a case of plugging everything in with HDMI cables. The Sonos connects to your TV's ARC port (which a 2017ish model will have, even if it doesn't support the later eARC revision), the other devices connect to other HDMI ports.

Have you tried that and are having problems you're trying to solve?

Norm123

Novice Member
Yes, but even though my TV has an Arc connection I was under the impression it is down to whether my TV has Atmos or not, which it doesn’t.

If that is correct (which I would like clarification on) apparently I need to invest in an HD Fury Arcana?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Yes, but even though my TV has an Arc connection I was under the impression it is down to whether my TV has Atmos or not, which it doesn’t.

Yes, you're having problems? What are they? It's hard to tell you whether you're looking at the right solution without knowing what the symptoms are.

Atmos is an extra layer of positional data for surround sound setups, it not required to get sound. The Sonos Arc page says "Use the included HDMI Cable to connect to your TV's HDMI ARC/eARC input." so it definitely doesn't require the higher bandwidth audio formats - it even supports the S/PDIF audio input that's the height of 90s technology.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom