HD from PC to Pio436XDE Advise Please

sinbinner

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Wonder if any one can tell me the best set up to watch hi def clips and films from a Pc to the 436 ?

I am very new to this and would like to know the best cables for picture and sound,

My PC is in a separate room from the plasma, i do have a network cable in place for the xbox360.

Any advise would be appreciated

Regards
Sinbinner

You have 2 possibilities, VGA over cat5 wire, and streaming via the 360. If you regularly use x-box live, then you'd be better off streaming with the x-box, you'd have to unplug the network cable to use it as a video link.

Hi There

A bit confused...VGA over cat5 ? Do you not just use a 'normal' VGA cable ? Would appreciate a quick explanation of what you are referring too as it may help me.

Thanks

My graphics card has a DVI output so i just use a DVI to HDMI converter and run a HDMI lead to my plasma and an optical lead to my Amp.

Andy

Sorry Mr B, I'm suggesting things that will work with the wire in situ, as they are in different rooms. A VGA cable the size of your arm is not going to go down well I'd assume? HDMI cables are smaller, but max 7m. long

Thanks for the reply MAW, Will the cat 5 cable carry sound as well ?

Not enough room on the wire with VGA. You could do it with a 2nd network wire. You can do component video and digital audio down 1 network wire, or s-video and stereo audio, there being 4 twisted pairs in there.

could you not send the video wirelessly from your pc to your 360 which would then play on your pio? im probably talking cr*p, correct me if im wrong

I have got a wireless link for xbox live but dont think it would work for streaming high def movies

Theoretically it does work, with headroom to spare. In practice you are right, it stutters, stops and starts. Via a 10/100 network it should be fine, as long as you're not trying to get several streams through the hub at the same time.

wicked im not as stupid as i thought :) LOL

MAW said:
You have 2 possibilities, VGA over cat5 wire, and streaming via the 360. If you regularly use x-box live, then you'd be better off streaming with the x-box, you'd have to unplug the network cable to use it as a video link.
MAW, do you know how the two methods compare in terms of PQ in practice? in other words, would a DVI to HDMI connection directly from my PC be better than streaming to XBox360 and then into my Pio435 via a Denon 2805 though component inputs?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom