HD Freeview 'shutter or blinking' effect

falcs

Standard Member
Whilst watching HD Freeview on my LG 50'' every 15-60 seconds I get a very brief black screen, similar to the shutter on a SLR camera, or the blink of an eye. It doesnt happen on blu ray, or my PS3 games. I have retuned, checked settings, reset tv to factory settings, no cure yet. Any ideas?

hlpmeimdrowning

Is it just on the HD channels, or on SD also?

Have you tried downloading firmware updates for the tv?

Could it be an aerial placement issue? My brother had to tweak his aerial to receive HD freeview.

mjbtin

Whilst watching HD Freeview on my LG 50'' every 15-60 seconds I get a very brief black screen, similar to the shutter on a SLR camera, or the blink of an eye. It doesnt happen on blu ray, or my PS3 games. I have retuned, checked settings, reset tv to factory settings, no cure yet. Any ideas?

Contact LG they are apparently working on a fix for this so the more people that log the fault the better chance of getting a fw fix.
Is your fw the latest?

Regards Martin

falcs

Standard Member
hi guys been away so thx for replies so far.

It only happens on HD channels, and not just the BBC. Have yet to find out re the firmware, email to LG en route. My tv is a LG 50PK990.

falcs

Standard Member
Have just updated firmware, watched BBC HD for 15 mins, so far so good!

Fingers crossed and will post update in next few days, as I wont be watching TV till the weekend.

falcs

Standard Member
I got it from the LG UK site, simply downloaded onto usb stick and uploaded from that via 1 of the tv's usb sockets, seems to have sorted it.

zaffy

Standard Member
I got it from the LG UK site, simply downloaded onto usb stick and uploaded from that via 1 of the tv's usb sockets, seems to have sorted it.

Hi Falcs,

Thanks for that.
Do you have a direct link to the LG site page where I can download the firmware.
I've been on the LG site but can't find anything

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom