Hd freeview boxes coming soon?

THE-STIG-08

Hi, apart from the obvious humax hdr does anyone know if there are any other boxes in the pipe line, the choice seems a bit slim and before i go out and spend £250 i was wondering if i should hold off just in case something better arrives.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Don't be confused by Freesat HD boxes and Freeview HD boxes;)

Speculation only is that Panasonic have a Freesat HD PVR in the works but right now they are pushing their Freesat Blu-ray recorders. The simple problem is that despite an impressive first year the high end Freesat hardware are dealing with a market that is affected by the crunch and aggressive marketing from SKY and even VM are pushing their V+ boxes.

The R&D and investment needed just for a UK product is probably is thus a high risk venture for most consumer product manufacturers.

THE-STIG-08

thanks for your reply, looks like its the humax then..:thumbsup:

alsina

Don't be confused by Freesat HD boxes and Freeview HD boxes;)

Speculation only is that Panasonic have a Freesat HD PVR in the works but right now they are pushing their Freesat Blu-ray recorders. The simple problem is that despite an impressive first year the high end Freesat hardware are dealing with a market that is affected by the crunch and aggressive marketing from SKY and even VM are pushing their V+ boxes.

The R&D and investment needed just for a UK product is probably is thus a high risk venture for most consumer product manufacturers.

Their Blu-ray recorders act as PVR's as well.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Their Blu-ray recorders act as PVR's as well.

Yes I know but seriously is a £800+ product relevant unless it's the Blu aspect that's critical?

THE-STIG-08

even then i think £800+ is way too much, i think i will stick with my denon and pioneer and go for the humax. thanks for the advise guys

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom