HD feed from player into non HD plasma

markbigears

Novice Member
You lucky people with your HD displays, your 1080p, your HDMI. Please spare a thought for us early adopters with our 852x480 displays. Now i've a question for the lucky ones of you out there with High Def players. I have a High def Dsat receiver that outputs (over component) a HD signal (BBC HD) at 576i into my display (plasma doesn't accept either a 1080i or 720p signal) and even at this resolution the picture is stunning (suprised me!). Can any HD player output a HD signal at 576i over component? I've searched and search but found no specs on any machine. Thanks guys and gals, Mark.

Scrutinizer

You lucky people with your HD displays, your 1080p, your HDMI. Please spare a thought for us early adopters with our 852x480 displays. Now i've a question for the lucky ones of you out there with High Def players. I have a High def Dsat receiver that outputs (over component) a HD signal (BBC HD) at 576i into my display (plasma doesn't accept either a 1080i or 720p signal) and even at this resolution the picture is stunning (suprised me!). Can any HD player output a HD signal at 576i over component? I've searched and search but found no specs on any machine. Thanks guys and gals, Mark.
a Toshiba HD-E1 can do this, according to its manual.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom