HD-EP10 playback issues...

Ebolebola

Novice Member
I just got a second-hand (couple of months old) HD-EP10 today, upgraded the firmware so it's region free and whatnot and things seem to be working fine. However, something really strange happens once in a while. When inserting a SD-DVD upon watching a HD-DVD the machine screws up. The picture either gets really pixelated or starts 'blinking'. If I turn the player off and on, the disc works fine. I don't know why but I think it may have something to do with 1080p upscaling as it seems to work fine with 1080i. I've tried two different HDMI cables but that didn't make a difference. Has anyone else experienced this and knows what I'm talking about? My tv is a spanking new Panasonic 37LZD85 :lease:

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Has anyone else experienced this and knows what I'm talking about? My tv is a spanking new Panasonic 37LZD85 :lease:

[]
Hi Ebolebola. :)
Have read a few similiar posts regarding this :( someone got theirs fixed by Toshiba (under warranty) and i suppose the others just lived with it :confused: as i never read anymore posts on it...............sorry.
All the best.

Ebolebola

Novice Member
Hi Ebolebola. :)
Have read a few similiar posts regarding this :( someone got theirs fixed by Toshiba (under warranty) and i suppose the others just lived with it :confused: as i never read anymore posts on it...............sorry.
All the best.
Do you if it was a general thing or did it only affect 1080p. I can live with it if it's the latter.

a4lloxo

this is related to 1080p on fw 2.7 and above.ive gone back to 2.5 and its gone but i dont need 1080p in the bedroom as my panny LXD70 doesnt do 1080/24

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom