HD-E1 Vs HD-XE1

hottstuff

Banned
Does anyone know if there will be any differences in PQ , in these models.?
Or the way it handles HD?
Better chips?

Apart from the 1080p & Analogue sound outputs , there is little else to warrant the big price jump.

Nic Rhodes

I 'suspect' that there will be many more difference between the XE1 and E1 than there were between the A and XA1. Rumour has it different video decoder, it might get SHARCs etc this time!!

beowulf

Banned
I have a 360hd dvd that is amazing , but noisy , I'm 100% looking forward to the ex1 , it seems amazing !!

Very impressed so far

J

jackal

I 'suspect' that there will be many more difference between the XE1 and E1 than there were between the A and XA1. Rumour has it different video decoder, it might get SHARCs etc this time!!

I thought that both versions had the SHARC processors:confused: I thought the main differences were a better Video DAC, 1080p rather than 1080 interlaced only for HD and SD scaling and a 5.1 analogue output.

Nic Rhodes

No one can find the SHARCs yet but until I get one myself this remains to be seen but I have high res pictures of top and bottom of the main A2 board and they ain't there!!

The MPEG is different, as is the continued use of the Intel inside, and the NEC MPEG chip appears to do the audio now as well. Nothing wrong with any of this but it does mean much of the original info might not be too accurate....Mind you the machine still has SHARC logos on the front :) They look nice ;)

Nic Rhodes

I am glad you have seen them on the E1. Everyone thought the A2 had them as well but no one could find them when we looked. Thanks for update.

J

jackal

Well it would be a little stupid by Toshiba to put SHARC processor by Analogue Devices on the front of the box if they were not there. As a complete non-techie opening the box and having a look is out of the question. How else would they decode all the formats in the box without em?

Nic Rhodes

Attachments

• sharc chip.jpg
    sharc chip.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 79
J

jackal

Nick like I said I am a non-techie so the pics mean nothing to me, but what is under all those heatsinks?

J

jackal

Agreed, I would be pretty miffed if they were not there as it all over the packaging manual etc. i.e. they make a really big point of there being a 32bit floating point SHARC.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom