HD-E1 Update disc sent for XE1??!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by irascian, Sep 22, 2007.

1. irascian

irascian
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I haven't got my XE1 hooked up to any internet connection and have no intention of doing so (too much like hard work with the set-up I've got) so last week I rang Toshiba (from Ireland, where I'm working at the moment) to request the latest firware upgrade disk as they'd sent me a 1.6 disk but I had seen from these forums people were talking about 2.0.

Several times I repeated the model number (as well as having to give the serial number of course) as XE1.

So I've got home this weekend to find the disk waiting on my doormat but it's clearly labelled "Model number HD-E1" with warnings all over the thing about not using it on any other model of player.

Checking these forums I see that there's already a newer version 2.2 out. This is just plain ridiculous and some phrase about a visit to a brewery comes to mind where Toshiba are concerned. In the meantime they're rolling out new "third generation" models like they're going out of fashion.

Am I correct in assuming the HD-E1 version 2.0 firmware disk shouldn't go anywhere near my HD-XE1?

Luckily I'm using my XBox 360 add-on for most of my HD-DVD playing and aside from a slight issue with web connectivity when the Heroes disk was inserted (which just proves my point about avoiding connecting equipment to the internet) I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Wish I could say the same of the two Toshiba products I've bought in the last six months (the other's their G900 smartphone that required a hard reset every couple of minutes until they eventually put out a firmware fix - Toshiba have ZERO idea of quality control or testing).

2. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,257
    Welcome to the club mate. Was it a cheerful, talky bloke who took your details? There's quite a few of us that have rceived the update for the wrong machine. DON'T LET IT ANY WHERE NEAR YOUR MACHINE.

Ring Tosh again and hope for the best.

All the best
    Bri

3. ANGUZ

ANGUZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I phoned for a 2.0 cd for a HD E1, which I had bought and wrapped up for g/f b/day, wasnt gonna unwrap It for the serial, got the cd 2 days ater, pleasent girl on the line, I can understand Its annoying when you get the wriong one though. :rolleyes:

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Just received the 2.2 XE1 update disk from Tosh this morning, part number HDDVD010, I did request the XE1 version:)

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    I got the XE1 2.2 CD this morning and I didn't even ask for one!:rolleyes:

6. BISHI

BISHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    If any of you guys wouldn't mind passing the update disc for an xe1 I would be incredibly grateful.:smashin:

7. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    If you PM me your address I'll send it on.