HD-E1 problem

mark raeburn

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got my HD-E1 today from Comet and watched World Trade Center HD-DVD on it - superb!

Thought I'd check what sd-dvd looked like and on all the r2 (and r1) disks it came up "cannot read disk" and on the actual player it says "msg g"

As soon as I put a region 0 disk in it played fine, but still no joy with r2 disks

Anyone experienced this?

Cheers

i am having exactly the same problem with my hd-e1. it took over a day for it to read cds and still cannot get r2 movies to play. i have tried the ideas posted but nothing seams to work.
if anyone can help it would be great

Mine worked fine out of the box, first disk I tried was a R2 Star Trek dvd, then an audio cd, a dts encoded audio cd and lastnight after I got back from HMV my firtst hd-dvd.

thanks ash.

actually left it unplugged allnight, powered on played a cd, then played the sd-dvds and all seemed to work ok (touch wood!)

cheers again

Hi all, with ref to the R2 problem, when the messege on screen chck disc etc.I had the same glitch when i first tried SD DVDs, the trick is to get a disc to trigger the SD DVD function,then all will play.

Turn player off, leave it un unplugged, then , if you have it, stick the Matrix dvd in, i read this prompts the player into working with SD DVDs, i did this and it now plays everything no problem atall.

Hope this helps, merry christmas all.

lol, I tried the Matrix revelations and that didn't work. Tried Star Wars the phantom menace without success but it was eventually Minority report that was the first disc to work but that was after I wacked in a HD DVD. Just try the most recent release as this might help.

I see something in the menus about switching to SD DVD playback manually.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom