HD-E1 or HD-XE1 ?

Montana

Standard Member
I will start off by saying that my equipment is a little on the older side(3 years old).

I have a Panasonic PHD6BX plasma , Pioneer AX5i Receiver and a Lumagen Vision scaler(the original).

With this kit in mind , what HD DVD should I go for, or can I at all ?

I realise that I will have to put the picture signal to my plasma direct (Via a component to HD-15 lead) and this should get me (if I'm right) at least 1080i and hopefully better with a software upgrade(correct me if I'm wrong), as the scaler won't accept anything over 720.
It's the audio side that has me a little confused. Do I get the XE1 and use the analogue outs or can I use the optical out and get the new audio ?

Any and all advice wanted here, and please ask as many questions about my kit as you need.

Andy

DocDVD

I will start off by saying that my equipment is a little on the older side(3 years old).

I have a Panasonic PHD6BX plasma , Pioneer AX5i Receiver and a Lumagen Vision scaler(the original).

With this kit in mind , what HD DVD should I go for, or can I at all ?

I realise that I will have to put the picture signal to my plasma direct (Via a component to HD-15 lead) and this should get me (if I'm right) at least 1080i and hopefully better with a software upgrade(correct me if I'm wrong), as the scaler won't accept anything over 720.
It's the audio side that has me a little confused. Do I get the XE1 and use the analogue outs or can I use the optical out and get the new audio ?

Any and all advice wanted here, and please ask as many questions about my kit as you need.

Andy
The E1 player will downconvert audio formats via the optical output, to get the new audio formats like TrueHD you'll have to use either HDMI or let the player do the decoding and use the 5.1 analogue outputs from the XE1.

I preordered a XE1 as I want to make use of the new audio formats and my Amp has a 6ch-input.
:D

Montana

Standard Member
^

inzaman

In addition to the above does anyone know of a release date for the XE1?

Montana

Standard Member
I would also like to know about the PQ side of things, especially regarding it being on a slightly older plasma.

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom