HD-E1 Now In Stock On Toshiba Website

Dave2

ahh yes in stock now :) toshiba snuck that up on ya`s :) lets see how fast people order. Im sure tosh will sell out fast.

myersfan73

Yep, I've got p***ed off with the constant wait & i've bought direct as well! Too many HD-DVD's waiting to be watched.

:smashin:

foghorn

You should have kept this quiet, I hope the Nintendo WII entrepreneurs don't see a quick profit and start putting them on ebay aswell.

Foghorn

Adam_uk

That seems alot, my XE1 order was only £50 more.

Still I know some people have been waiting for them for ages.

myersfan73

Question is, will they (Toshiba) pull the same trick with the XE1?
I suspect Toshiba will sell directly on both models for the next month or so to stabalize the retail price! If you search around most site's the HD-E1 is around the £400 mark & the HD-XE1 is around £600. Most pre orders for the E1 were £350 ish & if you were lucky as i was you would have pre ordered the XE1 for £505! The more people that buy for Toshiba, the less people will keep there pre-orders with other dealers thus allowing the retail price to balance out. play.com has already increased the price of the E1 back to £449.99, I would more than likely say others will follow suit!
I have bought an E1 from Toshiba, but will be keeping my pre-order for the XE1 as the price was too good! I'm hoping Toshiba are giving the extra 2 year warranty on the E1, as it's over £400.......But we'll see!

:smashin:

merry

Novice Member
Ordered mine from Tosh too. I have 12 HD-DVD's waiting to be opened! From another well known forum it was dropped that Toshiba made a new batch of players (US anyway) with the fixed part as that was quicker to get them out than modify the original batch. I suspect the allocation Toshiba UK has been given now will be the new batch too. The retail outlets will probably get the fixed versions of the players made in October and hence the delay to January. I also suspect Toshiba wanted to get at least some out there before Christmas (they did say there would be a small amount when the delay was announced) but time dictated they could ony do the direct route from Toshiba UK.

TOM ALLEN

Well, as much as I like new TOYS ,I'm sticking with my order with Amazon; can't justify the extra £100.00 for the sake of a month or so. Will have to get some sort of hobby to keep my mind of it.:rolleyes:

myersfan73

Just spoke to Toshiba, my HD-E1 has been dispatched today! Hopefully TNT won't bugger the delivery up, fingers crossed.

:thumbsup:

Vinny74

Just spoke to Toshiba, my HD-E1 has been dispatched today! Hopefully TNT won't bugger the delivery up, fingers crossed.

:thumbsup:
Got my notification today as well :thumbsup:

J

jackal

Was told by Toshiba that anyone who ordered on Friday last week should receive their players tomorrow or Wednesday at the lastest. The players are now with the shipping agent.

Madders

Just seen the new offer for 8 free HD-DVD rentals from Lovefilm!!!! I didn't expect them to start renting HD-DVDs so quickly. Very interesting! :thumbsup:

J

jackal

Yep Tesco DVD rental (lovefilm) have 16 titles at the moment and are included in the standard 3 at home package - excellent news - no Bluray titles yet though.

J

jackal

Thanks for that I did a search and couldn't find any....cheers!

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
Just ordered mine from Toshiba, still showing in stock. Got to wait 7 days or so tho :mad:

Now to tell the wife.....:oops:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom