HD-E1 Due to ship by the end of the week - Hopefully so!!

nick270881

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Spoke to Toshiba Customer service today, and was told that they are due to receive a shipment of HD-E1 Players later this week, and those who have Registered their interest on the website and provided a contact phone number should receive a call. Apparrently Toshiba are going to be selling them direct aswell as through dealers.

Here's hoping!!!!

Spoke to Toshiba Customer service today, and was told that they are due to receive a shipment of HD-E1 Players later this week, and those who have Registered their interest on the website and provided a contact phone number should receive a call. Apparrently Toshiba are going to be selling them direct aswell as through dealers.

Here's hoping!!!!

If not give up and order an A1 or A2 from the US. I got my A1 3 months ago and haven't looked back. Think - order online and have it within 2 days ! I certainly couldn't have waited this long for a UK model. I'm too impatient !

If not give up and order an A1 or A2 from the US. I got my A1 3 months ago and haven't looked back. Think - order online and have it within 2 days ! I certainly couldn't have waited this long for a UK model. I'm too impatient !

I agree with that - I bought an A1 several weeks ago, and it is superb. I'm very pleased. When the time comes, I'll sell it and get an XE1 or XE2 (when/if that appears), but in the meantime, I'm very glad I took the plunge.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHH Could toshiba be about to make this a very merry christmas!!
After my opening post, I have been checking a few websites, and Dabs.com have changed their due date from 3-4 weeks to 3-4 DAYS!!! COME ON!!!!:thumbsup:

Shame nothing's changed on Amazon, still 4 - 6 weeks :(

Movietyme took the shipping thingy above the xa2 off. don't know what that means?

Spoke with HiFiBitZ 30mins ago. The 'official' line from Toshiba UK is January, however the Toshiba Rep (who is trusted by HiFiBitZ) says they are receiving a batch on Monday of which the allocation to HiFiBitz is between
100-150 and will be with them by Wednesday.
They reckon it's touch and go but will do their level best to push the pre orders out in time for Christmas.
As they have just 80 or so pre orders there is some slack if you want to take a punt !!

Spoke with HiFiBitZ 30mins ago. The 'official' line from Toshiba UK is January, however the Toshiba Rep (who is trusted by HiFiBitZ) says they are receiving a batch on Monday of which the allocation to HiFiBitz is between
They reckon it's touch and go but will do their level best to push the pre orders out in time for Christmas.
As they have just 80 or so pre orders there is some slack if you want to take a punt !!

Thanks for the info Kathy. :)

I've just ordered so hopefully they haven't been swamped with orders since you put the information up on the forum! :lease:

But I'm still keeping the Amazon order for the time being.....

Spoke to them just now, and Andy gave me a slightly different story to the above (the same story he told me yesterday).
The consignment that was due at Toshiba UK on Monday (11th Dec) has now been delayed until tomorrow (Thursday 14th Dec).
All being well HifiBitz should then receive their shipment on Monday (18th Dec) or Tuesday (19th Dec) and they can then dispatch to consumers to arrive Wednesday (20th Dec) or Thursday (21st Dec)

Trouble with this subject is that there are a number of different posts so it's sometimes difficult to get the information.

Cheers for the info you two,

I've just ordered one as well, so I'm hoping for a Hi Def Chrimbo!! Guess I'll cancel my Amazon order....Damn snowflake!!

Cheers for the info you two,

I've just ordered one as well, so I'm hoping for a Hi Def Chrimbo!! Guess I'll cancel my Amazon order....Damn snowflake!!

If you've ordered from amazon at ÂŁ350 I probably wouldn't cancel until somewhere else has definately got them.
If HifiBitz don't get any then you're losing out on a great deal from amazon

I'm on the brink of ordering !
Before I do, I am right in thinking that the difference between the XE1 & the E1 is that the XE1 outputs 1080p & the E1 1080i ?
I will be using an optical cable, so with this I will still get 5.1 with the E1 ?

Thanks
Steve

Yep, with the E1 you will get 1080i and 720p and high bitstreem 5.1 over optical, just not the new sound formats.

Thanks for the heads up guys,I've ordered one, here's hoping we get them before christmas !

Steve

WTF??? i have just received an email stating my HD-XE1 won't ship until 1st of Feb, 2007

I am really thinking about cancelling the order now and go for a imported Sony BD player instead, this is really getting on my nerves.

WTF??? i have just received an email stating my HD-XE1 won't ship until 1st of Feb, 2007

I am really thinking about cancelling the order now and go for a imported Sony BD player instead, this is really getting on my nerves.

Who did you order from?

Oh- pity

Amazon are still showing my XE1 as 4 Jan.

Though I think this is wishful thinking on their part.

mine is still the 4th of jan :thumbsup: , and to be fair i live in southampton and there was a toshiba booth in the west quay shoping centre not last weekend but the one before and they had 3 promo staff and a decent rep and had a e1 up and running in the booth looked sweet by the way..! :thumbsup:

Anyway i was told by this rep that they were defo going to be be shipping out the e1's in time for crimbo and the XE1 was stiil set for first week of jan and he even told me that they were coming back to southampton as when the HD players go into the stores such as john lewis etc they want to over see the set up of there products from town to town that they are displayed properly , which is great news..

so im sorry to see you have lost your patience and turned to the dark side :mad: but just hope you dont get to upset with your new purchase when these HD players are availible shortley. :smashin:

Getting anxious now so I called the number given on the Toshiba online shop website (not good for the stress levels)

The operator (help-desk is a contradiction in terms) said that they 'have been delayed and delayed and delayed' and he has just been told that their online shop is now getting them in on Monday (18th Dec)

Really think that Toshiba are the biggest bunch of :censored: that I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Immediately phoned HiFiBitz (must be sick of me now) and Andy said that the Toshiba rep told them on Tuesday (12th Dec) that he would personally call them if their consignment was not going to be with HifiBitz on Monday or Tuesday (18th or 19th).

Personally I don't think Toshiba have the slightest intention of releasing any of these before the New Year, and are pulling the same :censored: they did when they told dealers last month that there was a container full of HD-E1's at UK customs waiting to be 'booked in'.
It's just a stunt to keep people interested because they can't get their :censored: into gear and get this sorted.
Just another load of :censored: that they expect us dumbs Brits to swallow.

If I didn't have a load of HD-DVD's ready and waiting to be watched I would definately boycott Toshiba and wait for another manufacturer to make a stand alone player.

Serenity now, serenity now

I would suggest buying a Blu-ray player instead.

I gave up waiting for my pre-order and ordered a Sony BDP-S1 from USA.

Hoho...it will arrive tomorrow.

Immediately phoned HiFiBitz (must be sick of me now) and Andy said that the Toshiba rep told them on Tuesday (12th Dec) that he would personally call them if their consignment was not going to be with HifiBitz on Monday or Tuesday (18th or 19th).

The saga drags on........

If my HifiBitz order arrives prior to Xmas, great. If not, then I'll cancel and just wait for my Amazon order to come through.....eventually.

I feel sorry for the dealers who are being treated very badly by this manufacturer. If it's known that Toshiba will be selling on their website prior the Xmas there's the possibility with a large set of orders that the dealers are going to be deprived of stock.

And at a time when HD-DVD needs to build up as much momentum as possible, units need to be sold at reasonable prices.

...and to be fair i live in southampton and there was a toshiba booth in the west quay shoping centre not last weekend but the one before and they had 3 promo staff and a decent rep and had a e1 up and running in the booth looked sweet by the way..! :thumbsup:
The only E1 I saw on open display had power and that was it. Unless it ships with wireless HDMI (and a SHARC net) then I don't know what was actually running the demo screens.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom