HD E1 any good news

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kingfats, Dec 31, 2006.

1. kingfats

kingfats
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Hi hoping to pick up the XE1 (preordered from amazon) starting to see a lot of postings of problems with the E1 can anyone reply with any positive comments or reviews on the player as starting to feel maybe i should hold off on purchase for a while.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD-DVD is stunning as i have had a US machine since it's release and hopefully Toshiba will release firmware updates to fix any issues that are happening with the newer models.

3. mannyo

mannyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Well, people tend to go looking on the internet when they have problems with their players. Same with anything, there will equally be many more users who are happy and never post or have a need for a forum like this.

I have an E1 and as I have already posted dont have any apparent issues.

4. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    As i said before, since starting the HD-E1 issues post, my machine has been very well behaved (its scared ill take it back):D

My only real concern at the moment is the SD-DVD multi-region lock out. As soon as its sorted, my Arcam will become a CD player or ill sell it.

Wait till you see CARS on SD-DVD.:thumbsup: Scalling is very tight for a £450 HD player.

Best of both worlds.

R.
    Nigel