HD-E1 £199.00 delivered from amazon uk

Ned Senior

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just been browsing and the thread title says it all really, amazon uk are selling the E1 for 199 delivered and it is not off a 3rd party seller it is amazon themselves; even cheaper than pixmania which I think used to have the best price via amazon outlets...
Great customer service at amazon guys from my experiences in the past (that is unless it's a preorder I hear)

:hiya:What is their aftersales service like??
I ask just because it may be informative to other readers considering a purchase :lesson:

as I origionally posted amazon are good

Maybe there should be a forum for quality of customer service received by us all off our chosen vendors

I got mine for £199 at John Lewis btw

Best Regards
Phil

And dont forget they will give £10 off the 169.01 price as well

Does buying from ritcher sounds qualify you for the 2 free hd-dvd's? Does it have to be a tosh recomeded retailer or something?

Thanks

Gareth

And dont forget they will give £10 off the 169.01 price as well

Price has to include next day delivery for the Richersounds to beat the price by 10 quid. So Richersounds will still be 169.01 as Digital Direct charge £10 for Delivery. Basically they just price match as most places charge £10 for next day delivery, still RS customer service is pretty good and you can pick up same day :)

A quick point of note.

Whilst we've been used to seeing the A2 doing well at Amazon USA, we now have the HD-E1 creeping up the Amazon UK charts.

It currently stands at Number 16, with the XE1 at number 22 - the only standalones over £113 in the Top 40 (and they're £199 and £444 respectively).

For reference the top BD player is the Sammy BD-P1000 at number 44, and that's it for the Top 50.

Clearly Amazon must be pulling a dirty trick here.

We've had it on good authority for months now that no-one is buying HD DVD players anymore, post-Blockbuster, and that all orders are being cancelled, left, right and centre.

:rolleyes:

BTW, the only high definition release in the top 100 at Amazon UK is The Complete Matrix Trilogy at number 97.

Steve W

You get 2 free hd-dvd movies aswell with the amazon deal

We've had it on good authority for months now that no-one is buying HD DVD players anymore, post-Blockbuster, and that all orders are being cancelled, left, right and centre.

Who told you that?

One of the good authorities on the internet?

:rolleyes:

Who told you that?

Sorry Phil B, I should have included a sacrcasm alert.

After the Blockbusters announcement we were inundated with messages from BD fanboys saying that all the HD-A2 pre-orders in the US were being cancelled.

I do believe that HD DVD owners confidence was a little rattled. For the last couple of months I think a lot of dual-format owners haved been buying everything on BD apart from the HD DVD exclusives.

But I think that's now going to change, and is changing, as we can see from both Amazon US & Amazon UK hardware and software figures.

Steve W

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom