HD DVD's - Region Coding?

johnny777

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sorry if i'm asking a daft question, but i'm about to venture into the world of HD-DVD.......Toshiba E1 is too hard to resist now due to pricing.

Am I right in assuming that there is currently no region coding in place on HD disks? There's a good selection available from the US that I would like to buy.

TIA.

No region coding on any HD-DVD discs or hardware (for the HD bit). The SD part of the players are region coded.

Brilliant.....HD-DVD here I come (plus a few orders to DVD Pacific!!).

Brilliant.....HD-DVD here I come (plus a few orders to DVD Pacific!!).

Pacific are good price-wise. Delivery takes 10 to 14 days. And stay clear of the draconian £18 import tax limit threshold, otherwise those cheap imports won't seem so cheap after all :lesson:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Used him a few times.Just letting you know there imported.:thumbsup:

my point being can toshiba e1 play all r1 discs(hd DVD) even though these sites say thst you need a r1 player to play region 1 discs?

also just checked dvd pacific..cheap prices but have you seen their shipping charge!!

my point being can toshiba e1 play all r1 discs(hd DVD) even though these sites say thst you need a r1 player to play region 1 discs?

also just checked dvd pacific..cheap prices but have you seen their shipping charge!!

You seem to be getting confused here slightly. HD-DVD is not region coded. There is no such thing as a R1 HD-DVD.

The Tosh will play HD-DVDs from anywhere in the world. But it will only play SD-DVDs that are region 2.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom