• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD dvds dont work???

valleyboy22

Standard Member
Hi all,

i got a samsung HT TZ215 home cinema system wiv a hdmi output,so thouht it would play HD dvds but they dont work?i thought the whole point of a hdmi output was for the dvd player to play HD dvds,but mine dont??HELP!!!!

Cheers

V-Boy:confused:

kj23

Hi all,

i got a samsung HT TZ215 home cinema system wiv a hdmi output,so thouht it would play HD dvds but they dont work?i thought the whole point of a hdmi output was for the dvd player to play HD dvds,but mine dont??HELP!!!!

Cheers

V-Boy:confused:

you need an hddvd player to play hddvd's. seems like you can upscale with your new equipment though.

MeanDorris

Sorry,

Your player will not play HD DVD's or Blu Ray (the two hi def disc formats).

the HDMI port is just a type of digital connection standard which you need to use if you want 1080p hi def connections with hi def audio but can also be used to carry standard def pictures and sound.

The formats your dvd player will support are the following:

Playback compatible formats are CD , CD-R , CD+R , CD-RW , CD+RW , DVD , DVD-R , DVD+R , DVD-RW , DVD+RW , MP3 , JPEG , WMA , DIVX (MPEG4).

You will need to buy a specific blu ray or HD DVD player (I a am sure you are aware that the hd dvd format is "dead" - however you can pick up some very cheap hd dvd films at the moment if you can get hold of a second hand player) if you want to spin those formats.

valleyboy22

Standard Member
:)Thanks all for reply,and yeah it does upscale,but presume it does it automatically through the hdmi leads i got connected,but if it dont any help on this wud be great thanks.will prob go for blu ray dvd player as know that hd ones are dying off.

Cheers

Ralphy1981

You can't buy HD DVD players new anymore mate, it's a dead format.

Get yourself a Sony 350 Blu Ray player. A bargain at £250.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom