1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hd Dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by theoneandonly, Sep 19, 2005.

1. theoneandonly

theoneandonly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying a DVD recorder with HDD, kinda made up my mind on the Panny DMREH50. I was wondering if I should hang around for a few months so I can get a HD-ready DVD recorder. Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know when the larger companies (Sony/Panny) will start HD ready DVD recorders? :lease:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    It will probably not be until 2007 that we will see the introduction of BluRay and HD DVD recorders in the UK. Obviously DVD itself doesn't have the capacity for high definition recording.

3. BigBadFun

BigBadFun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the current DVD recorder market has not even matured yet - it will be at least another 18-24 months before the very first BluRay HD units hit the stores and you'd probably find the 1st generation models very pricey and basic for the first year. I finally decided to grab a current DVD/HDD recorder a couple of months ago - I would hate to be using video tapes for the next 3 years.... I've waited enough. Besides, you can wait forever on technology, after BluRay there will be MegaRay, then TurboHD, then PocketHD+, then VirtualKeyringSuperHDPro.......

4. theoneandonly

theoneandonly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rasczak and BigBadFun for the feedback.