• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hd dvd

somanc

Standard Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but here goes

Recently bought a new setup
i7
Radeon 4890
8 gb ddr3 ram
and vista 64

It has a blu ray/hd dvd combi drive, however im struggling to get my hd dvds to play.

Is there any trial software or ideally open source software that allows hd dvds to play?

I have tried all the obvious software versions i.e cyberlink suff etc but they all seem to have dropped hd dvd in favour of supporting Blu ray solely.

Any help would be great

Thanks again

Kris

Sephiroth0000

Established Member

andymc

Established Member
I bought a new computer with an LG Multi Drive on it but the HD DVD was disabled. A quick call to Medion ( the computer manufacturer) and they helped me re-install a file that was already in the computer which reactivated the HD DVD side of things... It cost nothing so maybe its worth a try

D

Deleted member 173019

I use PowerDVD version 8 (I think) and it comes with HD-DVD enabled.....

RLT

Established Member
I mostly use WinDVD+Blu which plays all my HD-DVD's, ok with exception of .......
(problems with commentary sound tracks on Bourne Trilogey)

ArcsoftsTMT3 is also V.Good.

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
I use PowerDVD version 8 (I think) and it comes with HD-DVD enabled.....

Version 8 does not allow HD-DVD playback unless you modify the registry and some extra files.

Version 7 has native playback, and if you nought the LG combi drive, actually comes with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom