HD-DVD sound through centre speaker is muffled

rimibar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here's one for you....

I have recently noticed that when playing an HD-DVD the sound coming through the centre speaker is muffled. Doesn't appear to be a problem when using the 360 normally for games etc.

Anyone experienced this? I have just recalibrated my AMP to make sure that the speaker channel levels were all OK, but this doesn't seem to have helped at all - I've also checked the connections round the back - and they're all present and correct and "de-dusted"!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Richard

Seem to have a similar problem myself.

Never had an issue with sound from TV/DVD's in the past, but i've noticed the speech and centre channel tend to be slightly muffled and reduced in volume with HD-DVD's. End up having to increase the volume which then ends up shaking the house to bits at the loud parts :rotfl:

Is this a common problem with the 360 add-on???

Pleased to hear that someone else is experiencing the same thing! Makes me feel slightly less stupid!!

Now all we need is a response from somebody with the know how!! Anyone from Microsoft surfing AV Forums today?

have you changed the audio settings,picking something like DTS or dolby,in the advanced audio settings,on the player?

have you changed the audio settings,picking something like DTS or dolby,in the advanced audio settings,on the player?

Hi Rotten,

Yep tried both DTS and DD5.1 - same problem in both cases.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom