• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD DVD deck with 7.1 analogue outputs

candg

Established Member
I have been considering buying the Toshiba EP35 in order that I "might" be able to interface the 5.1 analogue outputs to my Yamaha 2700 in order to access HD soundtracks. After reading the current shambles that is the EP35, I have decided to wait a while before commiting. Are there any current or future planned decks that would give me 7.1 analogue outputs rather than the EP35's 5.1 outputs ?

Many thanks

Graham

Dr Dog

Established Member
I have been considering buying the Toshiba EP35 in order that I "might" be able to interface the 5.1 analogue outputs to my Yamaha 2700 in order to access HD soundtracks. After reading the current shambles that is the EP35, I have decided to wait a while before commiting. Are there any current or future planned decks that would give me 7.1 analogue outputs rather than the EP35's 5.1 outputs ?

Many thanks

Graham

The one-day-it-will-be-released-honest Samsung BD-UP5000 has 7.1 analogue outputs.

In short, it hasn't been released in this country yet (more shambles and possibly another reason to wait)

In long:

there's a thread on this site here.

there's a thread on a US site (where it has been released to mixed reactions) here

which links to a nice FAQ detailing the current "issues"

I, for one, think it looks the business. My amp doesn't have HDMI so analogue is the only way I'm going to get the new audio formats and this player does Blu-ray and HD DVD, thereby sidestepping the format war. If they can sort out the problems with firmware upgrades it should be a stonker.

sdb123

Distinguished Member

Many thanks

Graham

Will you definitely require analogue outputs? I take it that all the HDMI inputs are taken up on your Yamaha amp as it can accept PCM over HDMI.

Event Horizon

Prominent Member
hi
are there any hd disks which support 7.1 output yet?
best regards
nick.

candg

Established Member
HI STB,

I am still not sure what exactly the Yamaha will accept through HDMI and this area appears to be riddled with confusion. I am looking to find a deck which has analogue outs so that can to the decoding. What will the Yamaha 2700 enable me to listen to via HDMI ?

Graham

Dutch

Prominent Member
HI STB,

I am still not sure what exactly the Yamaha will accept through HDMI and this area appears to be riddled with confusion. I am looking to find a deck which has analogue outs so that can to the decoding. What will the Yamaha 2700 enable me to listen to via HDMI ?

Graham

Your Yamaha should accept the decoded Dolby Digital + and TrueHD from the player sent as a PCM signal. My Pioneer does the same for my XA1 - sounds great. :);)

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom