HD/DVD Comparison

im feeling it, great find mate! ill be sure to show this to my friend who still thinks his 32inch viera crt will always be better than my 32pf9830. Bring the blu-ray / hd-dvd asap!

Whilst it is interesting he has upscaled the DVD shots in photoshop and so there is the possibility of blur being created by this process.

Not as much of a difference as I'd thought there'd be. I could happily live with upscaled DVD especially condering the price of converting to HD. I'd also imagine there'd be less difference at 720p (if these pics were captured at 1080i).

What an utterly pointless comparison

How can you judge high definition when it has been reduced to low resolution :rolleyes:

And the WinDVD grabs look crap, the special edition LOTR dvds look much better than that. He should be using TheatreTek and FFDShow for starters :rolleyes:

ush flynn said:
im feeling it, great find mate! ill be sure to show this to my friend who still thinks his 32inch viera crt will always be better than my 32pf9830. Bring the blu-ray / hd-dvd asap!

You are getting sources and displays mixed up. A CRT display be it a normal tube TV or a Barco PJ offers more depth and better blacks then any display at the moment

However try finding a CRT that can take HDMI, which panels can and therefore you get a more detailed image.

Eddy Boy said:
You are getting sources and displays mixed up. A CRT display be it a normal tube TV or a Barco PJ offers more depth and better blacks then any display at the moment

However try finding a CRT that can take HDMI, which panels can and therefore you get a more detailed image.

a top flight 36in CRT monitor being fed a high definition resolution RGB source will whomp a similar sized LCD for quality in moving pictures as there is virtually zero delay :)

however they are big and bulky and not modern designery, hence they have been consigned to the dustbin.....heh

i still use a 28in widescreen CRT for short TV sessions tho to save firing up the PJ.....which i use for films and computer.....much better than a 40in plasma/lcd....lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom