Hd Dvd/blu Ray Exclusives

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Dr Force, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Dr Force

Dr Force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,420
    Does anybody or any site have a seperation of exclusive titles on either format from the studios supporting thier chosen format???

I am goin to enjoy my HDM by going dual so would like to start adding BR to my HD DVD collection but for simplistic reasons I would like to see the differences side by side.

Thanks

Doc

2. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    HD-DVD exclusive - Paramount and Universal

BD exclusive - Warner (wef 1/6/08) Sony, Buena Vista, Fox, MGM

There are some minors who are also exclusive to one or the other - eg Anchor Bay are BD, Weinstein are HD-DVD (although I dont think they've released anything for about 6 months)

Warners includes their subsids New Line and HBO.

2e (BBC) titles are currently released on both formats.

It should be noted that MGM are distributed by Fox and very few films have been released, and Fox whilst BD exclusive have seemed very non committal in terms of delivering quality titles.

Personally speaking, Universal and Warners have produced some of the best discs, with Sony and BV in the next pack. Paramount seem to be akin to Fox - with at best a "do I Have to?" attitude towards HD.

Hope this helps.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,354
    The situation gets really confused outside the US which is largely what Duncan has answered. Dozens of Universal, Sony, Paramount, Lionsgate, Fox (etc) titles can be found on the other format than the studios support. Quality can sometimes be dramatic between them as well - contrast Terminator 2 US versus UK, or Silent Hill US versus Germany. I doubt anyone has a definitive list of such things though - the situation is just too complex.