HD-DVD Amazon

rover2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw this on AVSforums:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GTJT16/ref=pd_ts_c_th_1/002-3664307-4678408?ie=UTF8 I bought 3 titles on saturday and so e-mailed them asking if i was able to get a rebate which they confirmed was OK :D
Sadly this was not at this price saturday!(Sleepy hollow) but i got TR/Sahara/SC for 19.99 US each (there now 29.99?).
Enyways hope it helps someone:)
Will.

Its buy 3 HD titles and get 10% off, probably key to the above post lol

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I seem to remember reading about this in other threads but you get clanged for import and VAT etc especially on the first delivery of the 3 together in order to get the 10 % discount. As this puts you above the threshold. Correct me if I am wrong I can take it :rotfl:

I ordered 3 then got stung by customs for £13.:rolleyes:

P.s nice find $20.47 del,just ordered it.:)

addicott said:
I seem to remember reading about this in other threads but you get clanged for import and VAT etc especially on the first delivery of the 3 together in order to get the 10 % discount. As this puts you above the threshold. Correct me if I am wrong I can take it :rotfl:

Not sure how it works in the UK but that sounds a bit odd.

I did this. All my orders HD-DVD's (or indeed Blu-ray discs!) from Amazon.com for the next year will have a 10% discount applied to them. For the first 3 that you order you are likely to get hit by customs. I was lucky, customs snagged it, but then Royal Mail delivered it anyway without asking for the cash! :D

When I tried to enter the HDDISC10 code, it told me I couldn't do it?

Does it take the 10% off the first three you order also?

When you take into account carriage charges, it doesnt seem much cheaper than Movietyme, who do next day delivery - or am I missing something? :confused:

Not sure about entering a code.When you order 3 HD titles you get 10% off.Now, if you look at the title i linked to 'Sleepy Hollow' its 15 bucks so choose another 2 at say 20 bucks each then -10% =49.5 which is about 28 pounds? i'm not sure what the shipping is.

I had a pile of discs saved for an order this week at Amazon and when I went to progress them they has all jumped from $20 to $30. All Paramount discs, whats going on? I read along thread at AVS but although I now know about lectuce and CARBS I am none the wiser about these discs and costs.

Nic Rhodes said:
I had a pile of discs saved for an order this week at Amazon and when I went to progress them they has all jumped from $20 to $30. All Paramount discs, whats going on? I read along thread at AVS but although I now know about lectuce and CARBS I am none the wiser about these discs and costs.

When i orderd saturday they were (TR/SC&Sahara) $19.99 each, however they changed them on sunday to 29.99 each.Maybe a mistake to first charge $19.99 each i think?
If you had them on Pre @ $19.99 each, then send CS an e-mail and they may still give them to you at that price.If they were only in your cart. . .you maybe outta luck sadly.

Only in my cart unfortunately :(

Nic, try DVDPacific - their prices are cheaper than Amazon even with the 10% discount. When Amazon's discs were $19.95 the difference was about 80p a disc, so will quite a bit more now. Alternatively Movietyme are £14.99 with these titles. Amazon only appear to be cheapest with the combo discs.

Thanks, haven't used them for a while. I will have a peep. Movietyme seemed good the other day, here very quickly. Amazon is just that reliable 'friend' :)

No contest. Just ordered four more HD-DVD from Movietyme.

Degs

degsmurr said:

Degs
The thread was not a contest between amazon and movietyme.At posting there was a great deal to be had (which i got :) ), Choose 3 HD movies and get 10% off.What made this good for those who were quick was the movies were priced at 19.99 bucks each, and Sleepy Hollow was 15 bucks! so 55 bucks minus 10% = 49.5 bucks for 3 movies!
Maybe you could post a link to where there is a great deal going on in Movietyme? i'm really not fussy where i get my movies from as long as i'm getting a dam good deal :D

Bumpy bingo logo!
They still have a 10% off when buying 3 HD-DVDs.

Thanks Rover 2002,

Just cancelled my first order for Mission impossible box set at $69 and reordered for $56 :smashin: with the 10% off of coarse plus an extra 1.5% Amazon search engine bonnus

Just as a little side note

just ordered two HD-DVD's from DVD Pacific DVD Pacific, never ordered from them before so thought I would try them, There price are a little cheaper that Amazon on most (but not by much) even with Amazon's 10%, I usually order 2 titles together from Amazon to maximise on the postage, where's at Pacific I only need to order one, Although never had any trouble with HMC ;) on the Amazon orders so far, they come via Germany, Pacific seem to get in stock items shipped in 24 hour

Steve

s.morris said:
Thanks Rover 2002,

Just cancelled my first order for Mission impossible box set at $69 and reordered for $56 :smashin: with the 10% off of coarse

Steve

Ditto to that, just ordered for $50 with free supersaver to a mate in the US :D

degsmurr said:

Degs

To be honest apart from "UK same day" I find Amazon delivers quicker on new HD DVD releases (average about a week from release to my house). I cancelled my Movietyme order for Searchers after a few days of waiting and within 24 hours of placing my order with Amazon it shipped. I think they both provide a great service.;)

AVI

Ok looks like a good offer now that the prices are down again. So if I order Apollo 13 / Animal House / Goodfellas, that totals:

$73.92 (£39.75) with Expedited shipping
$69.42 (£37.32) with Standard shipping

Same from Movietyme would be £45.97
So if I get stung by Customs, Movietyme would be at least £8 cheaper, and probably faster...

Am I missing something :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom