1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD display: Themescene H30 / Samsung DVD-HD745

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jonny B, May 8, 2005.

1. Jonny B

Jonny B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, this a note from a newbie when it comes to HD. My H30 DLP is HD-ready (1081i). At the moment I'm running it from a 'standard' Marantz DVD player. I'm interested in the Samsung DVD-HD745 player and I understand it has DVI output and can upscale a DVD signal to 1080i res. 2 questions - is it straightforward to connect the 2 and what improvement will I see watching DVD movies on the H30?

Cheers,

Jon

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Though the 745 is a good machine and produces a very respectable image via DVI I actually prefer the Pio 575 via component. If you do a search for 745 on the DVD players forums you'll find lots more info...PJ

3. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    The H30 will indeed accept a HD signal but will have to downscale the signal to meet it's native resolution which is only 800x600 so the 1080i will be downscaled to 600p. So upscaling a DVD signal to 1080i only to have the projector downscale it to 600p is kind of defeating the object. By all means send the signal via DVI, but just send it as a 480p or 720p signal, 1080i will not improve the image and will probably make it worse.

4. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there, Ive had an H30 for over a year and it sure is a cracking little projector but I thought only the H30a accepted DVI?

MikeD