HD Demo Disc - Some Pictures...

jwramsay

How much for a copy of the disc?

Kalos Geros

Yes, photographing FPD with an CCD camera produces weird moire patterns, don't it...you should photograph the screen with a film camera...heh...

Serkie

As Steve suggested, however if your unfamiliar with newsgroups, it can be daunting. Also you have to pay for a decent News Server.

You have PM.

S

stevebrowne

best not talk about it here, for the benefit of the mods.

mickymcd

i have the disc in question too but once burnt to a dvd its only 700mb instead of 3.16 gb aint tried it from pc through dvi but just through component its jaw dropping stuff

B

bluecupra

I have found the disc in a.b.hdtv

Is it only possible to play the disc through a pc? Is there no way to burn it on a DVD and play it?

K

k0rn

bluecupra said:
I have found the disc in a.b.hdtv

Is it only possible to play the disc through a pc? Is there no way to burn it on a DVD and play it?
Unless you have a HD standalone player that can play TS files, NO, there's no way except for the PC solution. And you would know if you had such a standalone player, trust me... ;)

Z

Zeggi

um doesnt the Snazio netcinema play em? i was thinking of getting one of thoose but they havent released the HDMI out ones yet, so im stuck with a pc, but hey it works :)

K

k0rn

Zeggi said:
um doesnt the Snazio netcinema play em? i was thinking of getting one of thoose but they havent released the HDMI out ones yet, so im stuck with a pc, but hey it works :)
Yeah this is one of the standalone players that can do TS files..

But AFAIK there is no perfect solution up to now... some players have problems with huge bitrates etc.

Best solution atm is the PC. (Theatertek is highly recommended for best Deinterlacing and PQ)

Serkie

Converting to another format kind of defeats the object.

Play via your PC and watch your friends shuffle uncomfortably with jealously.

No more requests please. Cheers.

S

stevebrowne

It plays fine over a 100mb/s network on the Snazio. Don't worry about the HDMI versions, I have mine driving a 506XDE using a DVI to HDMI cable, it looks fantastic.

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme