1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD-CP questions

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Sir_Baron, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Sir_Baron

Sir_Baron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i bought recently a Sagem 50" Axium and then after buying it (still yet to recieve but already paid for through finance for £2000). i read this forum and everyone is saying it hasnt got HD-CP which i think sky is using for there hdtv content...

Now what i want to know is am i screwed and just wasted 2k of cash or is there hope for me yet :(.

2. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    currently the axium in not HDCP complient, but there is a rumour that a mod will be available, but dont count on it.

If it was me, and I did not have a lot of NTSC dvds (as the optima has problems dealing with 60hz material), I would cancal my order and buy the optima RD50 that does have HDCP. The axuim is optima's last years american model with an inferior chipset. the optima is the same price as the axium but is in dark gray instead of silver, but looks the same.

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,432
    Try the new Samsung SP50L7HX, it has just recived a good review in Home cinema choice. Pictures are very good and it doesn't display have any NTSC/60hz issues or HDCP problems.

Finally it looks great too.

4. Sir_Baron

Sir_Baron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Only problem is that i would have to get a refund through comet (and its finance which i havent started paying yet though i left a £300 deposit and already got a tv stand. Plus that samsung is £3500 at comet and comet do 12 months interest free but £1500 more is alot. Isn't there no way to input the future sky HD feed through my pc then output that to my tv hd-cp free?

5. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    only if some one illegally (ie will get sued) brings out a decryption card for the pc which is highly unlikely.

You can keep the stand as it will fit the optima, you may want to spray it black though. If you have not taken delivery of your set then you can cancel the order.

6. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Just a thought but why not get the Tosh from Costco for £1580.00 ........

They dont do credit cards or finance but maybe a small bank loan would be cheaper than credit card aprs anyways.

Dave, Oldham.

7. showcase

showcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stick with sagem they gonna get a fix for it soon, jan 2005

8. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Could somebody varify if this is actually correct I seem to recall reading a thread where somebody had actually spoken to sagem and they said it was their set which they sold to optoma, then optoma added some extra internals, (which in the mean time screwed up the NTSC play back)

Which way round is it was it originally an Optoma set or a Sagem set?

9. Hellicopter

Hellicopter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Originally Optoma USA , worked on heavily by the French re Firmware.Mechanicals stayed pretty much the same.