HD Content

wallisj

Established Member
Reaction score
I see all these new pieces of HD technology coming out and i feel like i am missing out ... so far, all i have watched in HD is a few 720p trailers...

Where is all the HD content?

Thanks All
Jamie

Strictly legal stuff, there is very little. You could get a satellite dish and a euro 1080 subscription, which will cost approx £450 for decoder and card.

Otherwise try a news group server such as newshosting.com and the newsgroups. I don't think I can say anymore because of the forum rules.

All HD content on newsgroups comes from US HDTV.
Shows like Lost, 24, and so forth.

Almost all shows are shown in HD these days. Japan is the only other country (as far as I know) that has any HD content. Just a shame its rubbish!

Other than broadcast you can wait for Blu Ray and HD DVD.

On the PC you could get some WMV DVD's These play on media player at 720p or 1080i/p.

But you need a decent PC with a good CPU, GPU and a monitor capable of HD resolutions.

AML said:
All HD content on newsgroups comes from US HDTV.
Shows like Lost, 24, and so forth.

Almost all shows are shown in HD these days. Japan is the only other country (as far as I know) that has any HD content. Just a shame its rubbish!

Other than broadcast you can wait for Blu Ray and HD DVD.

On the PC you could get some WMV DVD's These play on media player at 720p or 1080i/p.

But you need a decent PC with a good CPU, GPU and a monitor capable of HD resolutions.

Not true any more. The HD newsgroups now include content from C MORE HD in Europe. The bit rate is significantly higher than many US broadcasts apparently - according to posts I've seen on other forums.

Yeah...had a look around the net for that kind of stuff but its a right pain and takes days so i'm waiting for skyHD/hddvd/blu-ray i guess

Stephen Neal said:
Not true any more. The HD newsgroups now include content from C MORE HD in Europe. The bit rate is significantly higher than many US broadcasts apparently - according to posts I've seen on other forums.

There is some content from C MORE mainly from HD1 or German Prosiebiden. Also some of the content he supplies is from US which he converts to 50Hz and encodes again. As far as bit rates. They are about the same as most of the content from US. The problem is that some US HD stuff is from stations that multicast so bit rate is lower,but you can find the same content with higher bit rates.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom