• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD component video through AV amp

R

RobinKidd

Hi All!

I wondered if anyone could help me out.. I have a Sony STRDE697S AV Amp (manuals here), an Xbox 360 and a Sony DVD player and HDTV.

The TV only has one component input which is currently used for the 360. I'd like to be able to plug the DVD player into it too as it runs quieter than the 360. The AV amp has a component switcher (2 in, 1 out)

What I'd like to know is, if I plug the 360's HD component cable into the AV amp, will it carry the HD signal to the TV, or will it not work because the amp was not designed with HD in mind? My guess was that as the signal is analogue, it should work ok, but I'm not certain. I don't want to waste money on new cables if it's not going to work!

My other alternative is to buy a switch box, but I'd like to avoid the clutter if at all possible.

If anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful!

many thanks,

Rob

jet3d

on page 56 - video section, component video, it states 80mhz HD pass through.

not sure if the HD is for high def.

as it is pass-through, personally i'd give it a go and see what happens!

R

RobinKidd

Ah well spotted! Well, that's encouraged me enough to give it a go..

Thank you! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom