hd component output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by neuty, Apr 22, 2007.

1. neuty

neuty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Do all current hddvd and blueray players output HD through component aswell , or is it only via hdmi.
    My reason for asking is my father is in a position that his Panasonic PW6 plasma has some years left in it and does not want to change it so soon.
    I would like to tell him not to worry all is ok but i tend to feel he may need to change sooner rather than later.

thanks all

neuty

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Component outputs on all players so you should be fine.

3. TrevorS

TrevorS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    You may already recognize this, but just in case, I'll add that copyrighted SD DVD will not upscale beyond 480p via component output.

As Nic says, HD direct from HD DVD will output via component, at least for a reasonable while. At some point, the studios may start activating a copy protection token in their new HD DVD releases that would cause the player to require HDMI for HD output (would not affect playback of prior releases).

By that time, your Dad may be ready for a new TV anyway :).

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    There is good reason to believe that thre image constraint token will not be activated until after 2011. The Japanese have legislation in place for this, I doubt very much they'd do it for other regions but not Japan.