HD Channels on Sichbo

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Should I be able to get HD channesl on Sichbo? (I can't). How can I receive them?
Is that a satellite receiver or iptv / streaming device/card, .....

edit - its a pc sw based pvr for a pc dvb-s or dvb-t card

Last edited:
Pedro it is PVR software/app for DVB T and DVB S signals.

To the OP what device are you using it on and what is it connected to - Terrestrial aerial OR satellite dish? What is your location?

logiciel

Why have you posted in Satellite - and what is your location?

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Are the elements in your aerial vertical or horizontal

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
How would I tell?
Just look at it, if it's vertical it may be the HD are not there as you are just on a local fill in transmitter, not a main one, although they can still have the HD as well but some might not.

logiciel

I thought perhaps the name was a coincidence!

TJT1

and I'm in Yorkshire.
I think that when you were asked your location, it was hoped that you might give a more precise location in order that they could have a stab at which transmitter you were likely to be receiving and 'Yorkshire' is a pretty big county. Do you happen to know which transmitter you are receiving from, or at least the RF channel number of one of the broadcast channels (LCN)?

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Just look at it, if it's vertical it may be the HD are not there as you are just on a local fill in transmitter, not a main one, although they can still have the HD as well but some might not.
All relays have the PSB3 HD mux. However DVB-T2 is required for HD in the UK. DVB-T will only give you SD mux.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
All relays have the PSB3 HD mux. However DVB-T2 is required for HD in the UK. DVB-T will only give you SD mux.
All .. they've been busy but I suppose by now they should have, there's some really tiny rural fill-ins.

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
All .. they've been busy but I suppose by now they should have, there's some rearly tiny rural fill-ins.
We have a really low power one in Redditch just for one estate, it has the HD mux. I get my Freeview from a relay which is part of a SFN (Lark Stoke) it has the 6 full 6 mux but not COM 7 or 8.

Sutton Coldfield is a problem because of tall trees at the bottom of our garden.

Incidentally there a few relays that are horizontally polarised.

I am putting the same aerial feed through my HDTV USB DVB-T as my TV receives which does get HD TV. Bilsdale transmitter BTW

TJT1

You have to have a T2 capable device to process Freeview HD stuff.

TJT1

They might not be globally wrong as there may be HD transmissions in T somewhere, but all the terrestrial HD transmissions in UK are T2.
However, having said that, it might be thr 'T' that is wrong and it's actually T2 and can decode UK HD stuff.

I'll tell you what. As you have one, you tell us whether it's HD or not. The TV will often give the resolution on the 'info' page. And if it will tune/decode the BBC B Mux, it's obviously a T2 device.

TJT1

Yes, I appreciate that, but when watching from and external device such as your stick, some TVs give the parameters of the signal that you are watching. Full HD will likely be flagged at 1080i or 720i
OK, let's try something different. On your stick, can you receive any HD TV? If so, it's T2 capable. If you can't then it's T.

TJT1

No this is what I am saying. The stick says HDTV but doesn't detect any HD channels.
That's the first time you have actually said that you can't get HD. You have previously just asked if it should.
Then it's not a T2, just like it says on the tin and, as we have said before, you need a T2 device for UK HD.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

NAD Launches CI 16-60 DSP Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett