HD channels (DVB-T2) suddenly disappeared

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by FO12DY, Jul 29, 2012.

1. FO12DY

FO12DY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a BlackGold BGT-3620 tuner, DVB-T2, in Media Center.

Until recently, it's been fine. But on the day of opening ceremony I suddenly thought "why aren't I watching this on the HD channel, they must be showing it".

So I flicked over to black. I flicked back to keep watching (this was mid-Bond clip) - but then tried retuning. It just didn't pick up any HD channels - not just the BBC's.

I've since tried restarting, and reinstalling drivers. Though I couldn't see what the issue would be, nothing had changed, if not the night before it wasn't long ago I last watched something on one of the HD channels.

Any idea if it's a transmitter issue? Rowridge.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    I'll let one of the experts diagnose your problem in detail, but I can scotch any idea that it's a transmitter issue.

Rowridge has a sufficiently large population coverage, that any fault, especially during the Olympic ceremony, would have created shockwaves! :eek:

3. FO12DY

FO12DY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's why I asked if anyone knew.

Anyway, seems to have sorted itself out now so was obviously just an intermittent issue for some reason.

I didn't change anything, I just kept scanning for new channels, and then suddenly it found them.