HD Channel Content ?

twen

I am getting Sky HD in the next three weeks :thumbsup:

Can anyone confirm the content/channels currently available in particular what sport/s is being shown on Sky Sports HD ? IS there only one Sports HD channel as I heard there maybe two ?

Are there any new HD channels in the pipeline ?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
twen said:
I am getting Sky HD in the next three weeks :thumbsup:

Can anyone confirm the content/channels currently available in particular what sport/s is being shown on Sky Sports HD ? IS there only one Sports HD channel as I heard there maybe two ?

Are there any new HD channels in the pipeline ?
HD channels currently are :

BBC HD
Sky One HD
Sky Movies 9 HD
Sky Movies 10 HD
Sky Sports 1 HD
Sky Sports 2 HD
Artsworld HD
National Geographic HD
Discovery Channel HD
Sky Box Office 1 HD
Sky Box Office 2 HD

Sports currently include :

Cricket (test matches, 20/20 etc)
Premiership Rugby
Premiership, including Prem Plus HD
Football League, Carling Cup

I've not heard of any other channels due to be launched - hope that helps.:thumbsup:

JTHM

Novice Member
Abbeygoo said:
I've not heard of any other channels due to be launched
Aren't Sky about to launch another HD Sports channel? Probably wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere.

However, US broadcaster Rainbow has been granted licenses for two new HD channels on Sky....some fashion channel called 'Ultra HD' and an extreme sports channel called 'Rush HD'. No idea when they go live though.

Deputy Dawg UK

Novice Member
Is it possible to place all the HD channels together so you don't have to keep scrolling through the menu. ( mine isn't due for connection till 25.08.06) ??

twoodley

Is it possible to place all the HD channels together so you don't have to keep scrolling through the menu. ( mine isn't due for connection till 25.08.06) ??

They are already together when you press the red button in the planner.

Aren't Sky about to launch another HD Sports channel? Probably wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere.

They already have. It's Sky Sports 2 HD

Deputy Dawg UK

Novice Member
Thanks twoodly...not having HD installed I was a little unsure....Makes it a lot easier!

twoodley

rbentley said:
Does prem plus automatically show in HD? Or is there a seperate 'prem plus HD' channel?

Thanks
Prem plus will show the SD version
SBO HD1 will show the HD version

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom