HD camera- burn onto dvd

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by mcowan77, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mcowan77

mcowan77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

A novice here looking for advice.

Whats the best way to burn hd files onto dvd to watch on a player
    There is 10gb of files

Thanks

2. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    Hi and Welcome.
    +++ You've not said what file format your clips are in . . . .

As you may know a standard DVD is about 4.5G - but you can get double layer types, which come nearer to yr 10G .
    However, most folks find they need to Edit their stuff . . it makes for a faster pace, cuts out the sections where nothing is happening, Also, the starts and finishes of most "takes" . and you can add music, remove odd sounds, add captions and correct some exposure errors.

Often camcorders come with basic software to burn a DVD, but it's fairly crude and unlikely to win any Awards. . . . . . indeed if asked, I'd say it was a waste of time . . .

Many here use Sony vegas "movie Studio" - but I suggest you get the "v12 Production Suite" as this includes DVD Architect, to create a menu, as required and separates the Editing from the burning DVD-(or BlueRay which are ~25G - but DYOR on this) . . . . it also sports royalty-free music tracks and an Audio Editor= "Sound Forge Studio".....
    There are many Editors . . . and whilst the PS will cost you £55-ish, you can pay well over £400 for other software . . . . If you don't need to edit HD clips then an older version will be half that price.

+Also, you will need a fairly modern (2yr old max) PC to do this editing . . . with plenty of separate storage space, preferably inside the PC. (like 1Tb).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  3. vkmast

vkmast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. mcowan77

mcowan77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi thanks
    They are avchd files. I have nero can i use this?

5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,171
    Which version ?

Nero 8 up supports AVCHD on DVD blanks, you need a blu-ray player to play these. For a standard DVD player you can't use HD clips at all without recoding (mpeg2 720 x 576 25fps for UK players)