HD box with DVD recorder

mrapriliafalco1

Any suggestions?My Samsung DVD RECORDER SR275 has a freeview and the picture via HDMI to the TV is fantastic but the picture from my HD box via the scart lead is pretty bad.
When I copy from the HD box onto the recorder its pretty rough,I have a good quality scart so cant work out why

mrapriliafalco1

Any suggestions?My Samsung DVD RECORDER SR275 has a freeview and the picture via HDMI to the TV is fantastic but the picture from my HD box via the scart lead is pretty bad.
When I copy from the HD box onto the recorder its pretty rough,I have a good quality scart so cant work out why
Or have I been spoilt with HDMI quality and expecting too much maybe

Last edited:

mrapriliafalco1

Was expecting better results when playing back the copied material from my planner to the dvd player.
Are other members disappointed in their results

dmaidmen

Are you using the TV scart and is it set to RGB?

mrapriliafalco1

Yeah the pic is better for some reason if I insert the scart lead into the tv scart input rather than the VCR scart.
How does that work then surely you would naturally up it into the vcr slot

dmaidmen

Its probably left over from the old Sky+/noplus boxes. You'd obviously want the best Scart output to your TV. Now that we have hmdi/component you can use the best scart for your recorder.

I use TV scart for my dvdrw and vcr scart for my media card writer as the quality on that is cack anyway :p

Duncan

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom