• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HD Box Pro - Image issues and motion level?

Kifflom

Standard Member
I've got my Nintendo Wii (w/o GCN BC) connected to an Acer monitor and a set of speakers via an HDBox Pro. I'm using component in and VGA out.

My Wii is set up to output in 480p (EDTV), and the HDBox outputs it in 1920x1080p, my monitors native res.

There are fuzzy, moving lines all over the image. I can't really see them at the distance I'm sitting from the screen, but I fear they slightly degrade the crispness of the image and they're annoying.

There's also the occacional "twitch" in the image, it looks like when you change the input or channel on your TV. A sudden, very short dropout kind of.

What I wonder is if these issues are normal when using such a converter, or if it could be just my box or even the cables.

If anyone knows what the "motion level" setting in the image menu does, that would be nice too. ;)

UPDATE:
I've tried replacing the VGA cable with a new one, and the issues are still there. I then connected the Wii using the same compontent cables to an HDTV, and it looks good. So the problem lies in the HDBox, any suggestions?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom