HD Audio wows

DeadEye

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Please stop me from killing myself.

I've just received and installed a fanless Powercolour HD5750. I bought it because it's supposed bitstream HD audio to my amp.

I've tried all sorts including the latest PowerDVD Ultra which doesn't even play any sound.

Total Media Theatre only seems to send LPCM what ever I try and messing about with ffdShow was just a waste of time.

Has anyone got this damn thing working properly yet? ie - their amp says True HD or DTS HD Master?

For info I am playing .m2ts files - although I tried sticking a BluRay disk in and playing that but I only get DTS-EX.

TMT3 Shows DD-HD in the info screen - it says LPCM on the amp but it also says ~345kbps which aint right.

Tell me this is supposed to work.

Pop a Bluray in and whilst its playing go into the power dvd settings, audio tab drop down box (under hdmi dropbox) and select the 3rd option. Only seems to show when playing a blu.

Btw how hot does this card get?

Pop a Bluray in and whilst its playing go into the power dvd settings, audio tab drop down box (under hdmi dropbox) and select the 3rd option. Only seems to show when playing a blu.

Btw how hot does this card get?

Yeah I found that option, the third option is only available when playing a disk not a .m2ts file.

How hot? Not sure, how can I tell?

It's pretty quite though :facepalm::thumbsup:

I have my case fans set at 20% and CPU fan at 40% and it's still working!

I've just received and installed a fanless Powercolour HD5750. I bought it because it's supposed bitstream HD audio to my amp.
It will only bitstream under certain circumstances. AIUI the very latest version of PowerDVD (released in the last few weeks) will bitstream HD audio from physical media but not files. TMT will not bitstream with this card at all.

The very latest FFDShow tryout is also meant to support bitstreaming but this will require a player that can use FFDShow (ie. a directshow based one) I have a feeling that getting this to work in Win7 might be a little bit of a struggle.

Have a read of this. This is cutting edge stuff so you may find that it does not work in all situations.

It will only bitstream under certain circumstances. AIUI the very latest version of PowerDVD (released in the last few weeks) will bitstream HD audio from physical media but not files. TMT will not bitstream with this card at all.

The very latest FFDShow tryout is also meant to support bitstreaming but this will require a player that can use FFDShow (ie. a directshow based one) I have a feeling that getting this to work in Win7 might be a little bit of a struggle.

Have a read of this. This is cutting edge stuff so you may find that it does not work in all situations.

I wonder if it checks the drive type before enabling the option? I might try and see if MagicDisk will mount a folder as an optical drive.

If you check your CCC what device do you have showing as the default display. It should say that your Pioneer LX-70 is the default display rather than generic.

You can rip BD into iso and mount them, I have tried this and it works with PDVD 9Ultra and you get the third option.

TMT3 does not support bitstreaming from the ATI HD5xxx cards yet. Only the Xonar HDAV.

If you check your CCC what device do you have showing as the default display. It should say that your Pioneer LX-70 is the default display rather than generic.

You can rip BD into iso and mount them, I have tried this and it works with PDVD 9Ultra and you get the third option.

TMT3 does not support bitstreaming from the ATI HD5xxx cards yet. Only the Xonar HDAV.

Trouble is I already have 30 .m2ts files and err.... don't have the disks anymore... If you get my drift... :rolleyes::D

Sorry mate - rushed reading your first post cause I thought I had the answer.
In the CCC options select ATI Overdrive and all the card info should be there, it is on mine (5850).
Mr DB should have the answers you need.
This thread may be of some help http://www.avforums.com/forums/home...n-i-play-m2ts-files-directly-through-7mc.html
I take it you are on windows 7

It says 49 degrees. It's been on all day and I've been playing a .m2ts file for a bit.

Is that hot?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom