• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hd audio on panasonic bd35

C

cndguy

I just bought the Panasonic BD35 and connected it to my Yamaha 6180 using HDMI, from there to my tv, again using HDMI. I can't seem to get HD audio, not sure if it has to do with the audio setup, ie. bitstream or PCM. The movie is Max Payne and it should be DTS HD, I can only get DTS. Don't know alot about this stuff so any help would be appreciated .

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Probably a silly question , but do you have the audio being processed by the amp and fed to a set of surround speakers ?

Or do you have both the audio and video being fed through to your TV ?

C

cndguy

There are going through 5.1 surround speakers. Also I hit the audio button on the blue ray remote and it shows that its playing DTS-HD. So maybe its a receiver setup problem?

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Take a look at page 17 in the BD35 manual , there is a block diagram , under HDMI AV out check that all is ok.

To bitstream DTS HD or Dolby tru HD properly over HDMI , BD video secondary audio must be set to off or it downmixes .... maybe thats the issue.

There are a number of notes here on scenarios whereby the output will be downmixed , so I guess step through them and see if all is as it should be.

Your equipment is all compatible so you should be able to get it working.

Last edited:
C

cndguy

I turned the BD video secondary audio to off and it seems to have worked its now displaying DTS HD, with 'straight' on the main display(what ever that means). Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom