HD at Currys

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kbfern, Oct 19, 2005.

1. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    I was in Wolverhampton branch today just having a browse and at last currys seem to have a decent demo of HD.They were running the LG demo which was a mixture of flowers and other static images.

The demo also showed a fair amount of moving images like boats and bikes and they looked almost as good as looking out your window.

They were showing a couple of LG's a 60" and a 42" they looked absolutley gorgeous.But at nearly £8k for the 60" thats to rich for me.The 42" was better at £2300 ish but I would hope that something in the 46"-50" size for under £3k which is comparable in size to my 46" tosh rear projection will be available early next year.

Having said that I am really waiting to see what sort of quality Sky is going to be like on these displays before commiting to spend any money.

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    One word "projector" get a 42" for general viewing and a projector for movies. 102" of PURE HD

3. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Phillfyspoon.I already do my serious movie viewing with my Sanyo Z1 on my 120" screen :) I think it will take a HD feed but only via component.

4. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Maybe if you want some better HD viewing a 720p projector would do the job the new panasonic ae900 for the money would outperform anything you could buy for the same money.