1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD at Currys

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kbfern, Oct 19, 2005.

1. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,126
    I was in Wolverhampton branch today just having a browse and at last currys seem to have a decent demo of HD.They were running the LG demo which was a mixture of flowers and other static images.

The demo also showed a fair amount of moving images like boats and bikes and they looked almost as good as looking out your window.

They were showing a couple of LG's a 60" and a 42" they looked absolutley gorgeous.But at nearly £8k for the 60" thats to rich for me.The 42" was better at £2300 ish but I would hope that something in the 46"-50" size for under £3k which is comparable in size to my 46" tosh rear projection will be available early next year.

Having said that I am really waiting to see what sort of quality Sky is going to be like on these displays before commiting to spend any money.

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    One word "projector" get a 42" for general viewing and a projector for movies. 102" of PURE HD

3. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,126
    Phillfyspoon.I already do my serious movie viewing with my Sanyo Z1 on my 120" screen :) I think it will take a HD feed but only via component.

4. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Maybe if you want some better HD viewing a 720p projector would do the job the new panasonic ae900 for the money would outperform anything you could buy for the same money.