1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD advice

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Jaymzee, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Jaymzee

Jaymzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi folks,

Im after some advice, having recently married, we just sold our flat and have bought a house (and made some profit to boot!) So with the extra pennies some nice furnature will be bought for the house, and my lovley wife has ALMOST agreed to use some of the money for a new TV. :thumbsup:

Im looking at an HD screen,as i'll be getting my xbox360, and thinking about finally getting sky when they go HD next year.

Now i've had a wee look around, and i'm after some recomendations. I've said to the wife "around £1500" for a screen, which seems to make me fall into the 32" 37" bracket (give or take a couple of hundred). Could anyone recommend anything??

Cheers.
    Jaymzee.

2. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    You can get the Sharp 37GD7E for £1800 inc delivery. This set is fully SkyHD ready with an HDMI input, Component input and also has Freeview. ;)

3. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    I would put a thread up or do a search on the LCD forums. If you are planning on using it for gaming then you will not want plasma, because of it's screen burn issues.

Apart from the Sharp, Panasonic have some very good LCD's at the moment, e.g. TX-32LXD500 you might be able to get for £1800. This might be the best at this price, or even above. Or, the Hitachi 32LD7200 at around £1400 is meant to be excellent for it's price. Both have had great reviews. I've seen the Hitachi, & it looked way better than a Pioneer plasma twice it's price, however I think it does make a bit of a buzzing sound according to owners. This may, or may not bother you, but do a search for opinions and possible downsides.

Good luck,

Tim.