HD Adverts ?

mike7

Distinguished Member
I asked this some time ago and never had an answer. I am getting the feeling that there are some HD adverts on ITVHD. They seem somewhat better than upscaled. I'll make a note of them.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
I asked this some time ago and never had an answer. I am getting the feeling that there are some HD adverts on ITVHD. They seem somewhat better than upscaled. I'll make a note of them.
Noticed a few on SKY HD channels also mate. The reason i ask is that some look stunning.:thumbsup:

derek500

i've never seen any ads in HD. In fact on Sky, none of the continuity or trailers for HD programmes is in HD.

mattclarkie

Novice Member
The advertising industry was an early adopter for HD, and more than a few use Nikon HD cameras to shoot adverts, and especially if intended for cinema use film cameras are used. Whether the broadcasters are given HD copies is a different question, but like you I have seen many adverts I thought were HD, so it is likely they were.

Many of the adverts you see have a bigger production budget than much of the output on TV, and the cost per minute of some adverts is mind blowingly large. A few years back the Guinness adverts with the villagers and the books was £10million, which equates to over £5million a minute.

LanceR

One was broadcast in HD if I remember rightly and that was a BMW ad.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom